IGNORED

PS1 and PSP backlog finally hitting for the Vita

Austin

Supposedly Sony is (or just has) rolled out an update to their online PSN store on the Vita, and as a result a massive backlog of PS1 and PSP games that weren't previously available on the Vita, now are. I'm not sure if the update was done, but according to people over at NeoGAF, at least right now you can go into your download history and access the once-unavailable PS1 and PSP titles and download them to your PS Vita from there.

Keep in mind some PS1 and PSP games were made available on the Vita, but the library was small. Now, the majority (if not all) of your previously purchased PS1 and PSP games can be downloaded and played on your Vita.

Yep, it is true. I just went and downloaded all the stuff that was previously unavailable. Honestly, this is how the Vita should have been from the start. I am glad Sony finally caught up with it.

*edit: It appears a lot (if not all) of the previously de-listed games are now available in the store as well, not just your download history if you previously purchased them.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 2

Suikoden is there. Maybe not in the store yet, but it is in my download history for re-download.

Oh my mistake! I haven't checked my download history, I simply went into PS1 games and looked for them in there. My history is rather long so its tiresome trying to get to whatever I want. Unless there's a better way?

Oh my mistake! I haven't checked my download history, I simply went into PS1 games and looked for them in there. My history is rather long so its tiresome trying to get to whatever I want. Unless there's a better way?

I haven't found a better way. I basically just scroll to the bottom of my download list every time and work my way up from there. Although, I only have a 4GB memory stick, so I can't download every game I have and it didn't take that long for me. Going to need to pick up a spare memory stick to get the rest..

Supposedly Sony is (or just has) rolled out an update to their online PSN store on the Vita

To clarify, this was not an update to the PS Store itself but rather just download lists on the PSV now allowing you to download all your PSP/PS1 purchases, instead of some entries saying you can't download them. The PSV's view of the PS Store continues to omit a large number of PSP/PS1 titles. E.g., no Crash Bandicoot games, no Spyro games.

*edit: It appears a lot (if not all) of the previously de-listed games are now available in the store as well, not just your download history if you previously purchased them.

Can you give an example? It sounds like you're saying delisted games have been relisted--but that makes no sense, since delisting comes from contract expirations and such. Well, okay, games sometimes get taken down temporarily if exploits are found in them, but I assume that isn't what you're referring to.

So far, Sony hasn't updated their Store cataloguing to allow all PSP/PS1 titles to appear in the PSV's Store, but they might get around to it someday. . . .

onmode-ky

To clarify, this was not an update to the PS Store itself but rather just download lists on the PSV now allowing you to download all your PSP/PS1 purchases, instead of some entries saying you can't download them. The PSV's view of the PS Store continues to omit a large number of PSP/PS1 titles. E.g., no Crash Bandicoot games, no Spyro games.

Yeah, after Cimerians pointed out that Symphony of the Night wasn't available in the store, I realized a lot of games were missing. But, it also seemed like there were more games available than before.. or maybe I was wrong.

Can you give an example? It sounds like you're saying delisted games have been relisted--but that makes no sense, since delisting comes from contract expirations and such. Well, okay, games sometimes get taken down temporarily if exploits are found in them, but I assume that isn't what you're referring to.

Sorry, wrong choice of words I suppose, that's all.

Not sure why they don't show them all.....licensing?

I think like ommode-ky said, it probably has more to do with laziness on Sony's part.

Although there have been a few games actually de-listed (correct usage of the term this time, haha), like R-Types and R-Type Delta. Those can no longer be purchased (but they can at least still be re-downloaded if you purchased them previously).

In case anyone didn't already download to their PSV what they wanted to download of their PSP/PS1 PSN library . . . you've missed your chance. It turns out that this unannounced opening of the gates was actually an accident. The gates have been closed up again. Check your download lists, and you'll see certain PSP/PS1 titles once again not available to download to your PSV. :(

Clearly, it isn't a case of absolute unplayability that's kept those titles off our PSVs all this time, but rather either legal or QA clearance technicalities. If you managed to download everything you wanted, good for you. Personally, I didn't download anything, because I'm perfectly happy with playing those titles on my PSP, but I imagine there are others who are cursing themselves for not downloading when they could have.

onmode-ky

P.S. Oh, hey, this is my post #555! Like a phone number in a movie or a TV show. How glamorous!

Edited by onmode-ky