IGNORED

easier joystick to use?

Atari-Collector

I hurt my shoulder a couple weeks ago, and been very slow getting better, with pain shooting down my right arm, hence making gaming not really that fun. The shoulder is just now starting to improve, but still lots of pain.

So I'm wondering is there a joystick out there with a lighter touch then an original Atari joystick that would be a bit easier on my pain levels?

thanks

Thanks for the links, both look interesting. The shipping to Canada is more then the cost of the stick though. There's a store in town that that has Atari joystick, but nothing like those when I was there, but I found an ad for a store in a small town half and hour drive from here, so maybe I'll try to go waste some gas and see what they have:) If not, those listings don't end for a few days yet.

Thanks

get a elastic ban and work some shoulder exercises, it will help more than ice...

Haven't been putting ice on it. I have used a heating pad for a while when i first go to bed. It's improved a little bit today. but it's slow and seem like forever when it's my right arm.. Got some Advil (generic that is) and that's help more then Tylenol was. Guess I'm getting old. ack!

Search Ebay Canada. The Epyx500 may be harder to find but Sega controllers work, both Master System and Genesis. Both should be easy to find.

the 500 uses microswitches rather than the usual plastic over button design. It's easy to move and will last forever. Skip all the others and just get it if you don't want a game pad.

I recommend viewing this list:

http://www.atari2600.com/ccp7/ecom-catshow/Atari-2600-Controllers.html

I just ordered an Archer Deluxe Competition from here for about $6.00. Works pretty good and doesn't require the same amount of force as a standard joystick, They have many different models to choose from, including the Epyx model tha mkiker2089 found on Ebay. And it doesn't cost as much. Not sure about shipping though. This might help you get a better idea though. Get well soon!

I recommend viewing this list:

http://www.atari2600.com/ccp7/ecom-catshow/Atari-2600-Controllers.html

I just ordered an Archer Deluxe Competition from here for about $6.00. Works pretty good and doesn't require the same amount of force as a standard joystick, They have many different models to choose from, including the Epyx model tha mkiker2089 found on Ebay. And it doesn't cost as much. Not sure about shipping though. This might help you get a better idea though. Get well soon!

The shipping isn't bad using First Class mail, cheaper then the ebay listing, I will keep that in mind. Thanks.. They have quite a list of controls there, you could start a hobby out of just collecting the controls.

I Have a WICO ball top stick now, bit it's too touchy on the down. I'm always going down when not expected with it. I'll have to tear it apart some time and see what I can do with it.