IGNORED

why does it say "PAL"?

xucaen

So I took my Atari apart to clean it, and I noticed the little metal box next to the RF connector has a red sticker on it that says "PAL". I bought this console on ebay about 10 years ago and it has worked on every TV I have owned over the years, including an old cathode ray tube TV that I bought back in 1995. If you look at my other posts you'll see video of what it looks like on my TV. I am pretty sure this is an NTSC console, so why does it say PAL on it?

20140424_190128.jpg

I've got a NTSC console with the same sticker, but it is definately NTSC. It is a light sixer like this one. Can you take a photo of the serial number on the bottom. I will find mine later today and take a photo. Maybe there was a batch where they made the same mistake.

I've got a NTSC console with the same sticker, but it is definately NTSC. It is a light sixer like this one. Can you take a photo of the serial number on the bottom. I will find mine later today and take a photo. Maybe there was a batch where they made the same mistake.

Here is a picture I took earlier. umm.. it's upside down.. sorry. :ponder:

s/n 568224996

Manufactured by Atari-Wong LTD, Hong Kong

Model CX-2600

20140424_131541.jpg

Must have been time for this Atari to have a bath? It's all wet. I would say mix-up. I had a 4-switcher have that same sticker when I cleaned it up. But that was one I found way back in 1988 at a yard sale. No...I no longer have it with me as I sold it during the PlayStation craze. But I do distinctly remember that sticker being on it. I just always assumed it was the initials of a quality control personnel. I didn't know anything about NTSC/PAL/SECAM until I discovered this site in 2008. Amazing how 20 years can change a lot of things.

• Like 1