Metal Jesus

Nice choices!

I'll add my 2 cents in regards to hidden gems....

Culdcept Saga
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Ninety-Nine Nights
Risen
You're in the Movies
I have Enslaved but never played it. It looks fantastic, I need to get on that one ASAIFDD. (As Soon As I Finish Dragon's Dogma)
  • Like 1

I'll answer your question about faceplates with another question, MJ: How many people today are so rabidly fanboyish about a specific X360 game that they would want to decorate the front of their console with it? In this day and age, you play a game for a certain amount of time, then you either finish it or get bored with it or both, and move on to another game.

Putting a faceplate on the front on a console feels a little like having a tattoo done. After a while the tattoo becomes "obsolete" for one reason or another, and one day you look at the tattoo, wonder why you had it done in the first place (you can even feel silly about it) and then you choose to have it removed. The same idea applies to console faceplates: The idea is interesting but ultimately silly to many people.

Also, I suspect that most people are not fully aware of what faceplates actually are in terms of material. Are they decals, plastic covers or molded cardboard? It's not always easy to tell from pictures posted on the net, and so it's unknown just how hard it is to remove a faceplate once you're tired of it.

Also, I suspect that most people are not fully aware of what faceplates actually are in terms of material. Are they decals, plastic covers or molded cardboard? It's not always easy to tell from pictures posted on the net, and so it's unknown just how hard it is to remove a faceplate once you're tired of it.

Insanely easy. Just plastic like the unit itself.

You just pop it off and put the original back on or like me....swap it out once a month. I have a number of them (maybe not as many as Moycon).

Edited by cimerians

It should be mentioned Deathsmiles collectors edition which includes a faceplate and the game soundtrack is available new on Amazon for under $15.

Totally worth it!

http://www.amazon.com/Deathsmiles-Limited-Edition--Xbox-360-Xbox/dp/B003E6VK5Q/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1398453068&sr=8-5&keywords=360+Faceplate

I am SO HAPPY to see somebody's faceplate collection! I knew that type of collector would be out there! :)

What are some of the more rare or collectable 360 faceplates? I assume the E3 '05 one I own…but I haven't researched it.

One that I know is pretty rare is one of the original BioShock ones.

post-544-0-78847800-1398454689_thumb.jpg

In this picture it would be the second from the left. It used to go for $100+ easily on it's own.

Not sure about these days.

Eternal Sonata is pretty cool...I think there were more of those.

I had no idea there were so many. I thought I had every one available, but not even close!

I wonder if they were only available in other regions?! Never seen them before, and there are none available on the US eBay except the 5 I have.

post-544-0-60693700-1398457920_thumb.jpg

That was a freakin AWESOME game. I played through it back to back to get 100% achievements.

EDIT : Ok mystery solved. The only place I see those images is a site called XboxAddict. This is the note on the other ES faceplates beyond the original 5.

Description: This plate was made by XBA member SpaceGhost2K. Five official plates were produced to promote Eternal Sonata. SpaceGhost2K created 11 additional plates featuring character art and backgrounds from the game.

I had no idea there were so many. I thought I had every one available, but not even close!

I wonder if they were only available in other regions?! Never seen them before, and there are none available on the US eBay except the 5 I have.

attachicon.gif859.jpg

That was a freakin AWESOME game. I played through it back to back to get 100% achievements.

Very cool! Wish I had those.

Yep, great game you did the side dungeon I take it (Mysterious Unison)? That was tough, grinded through that like crazy but I remember there was a nice reward for doing it, mainly involving one of your party members. :)

I finally got 100% on Dragons Dogma....replayed that game almost 5 times. LOL

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendations Metal Jesus! These aren't the first games I have bought after watching your hidden gem series. Keep making them! These videos are great.

post-2962-0-87711300-1399669029_thumb.jpg

Usually I toss new games on to the end of my long backlog but I think I'm going to make an exception and go play Enslaved right now.

I finished Enslaved tonight. You were absolutely right Metal Jesus. It is definitely a hidden gem. I really loved the environments especially early in the game. The game looks great. The music is also really good as are the characters. They created a world that I would like to explore more. Too bad the game didn't sell enough and they canned the sequel. I may buy the DLC soon so I can spend a little more time with this game. I'll try to get to Singularity some time soon.

I look forward to more of the hidden gem series!

The 7th Generation of consoles has ended, so lets look back and see what Xbox 360 Hidden Gems games are fun to play for collectors looking beyond the popular titles. Part 1 of 3.

What games should be in Parts 2 and 3?

I'm a huge fan of your videos, and didn't know you posted here. Anyway, I put your Xbox video on my classic gaming Page (Zap!). It has 3,500 "Likes" so many people have seen the post I made.

https://www.facebook.com/zapclassicvideogaming

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The 7th Generation of consoles has ended, so lets look back and see what Xbox 360 Hidden Gems games are fun to play for collectors looking beyond the popular titles. Part 1 of 3.

What games should be in Parts 2 and 3?

Beyond genuine Hidden Gems there's also a fair amount of obscure and almost completely forgotten 360 games. Some, like The Outfit, really do count as Hidden Gems, with The Outfit in particular being unique with the "destruction on demand" way to call in reinforcements and destructible environments (and it's always fun killing Nazis!). There's also games like Raven Squad, which have unique gameplay elements (hybrid FPS/squad/tactical/overhead gameplay) but are hampered by mediocrity elsewhere. Others, like Secret Service, are fairly standard gun games that are solid to play through, particularly for Achievements, yet remain unspectacular. And then you have some titles that are almost certainly the only games in their category for the 360. These would be the arcade submarine simulator Naval Assault: The Killing Tide, the History Channel's and the obviously and very uncreatively named Farming Simulator.

I think the WII tactical squad based first person shooter Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway is a hidden gem. It didn't deserve to be, but nobody was paying attention to this great franchise when this released a few years ago so few have experienced it.

Wish Ubisoft/Gearbox had continued on with it. Next to the Half-Life franchise, the Brothers in Arms franchise has been my favorite for this genre.

• Like 1

I think the WII tactical squad based first person shooter Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway is a hidden gem.

I picked that up a while ago but have yet to play it. I think it's because we got so burned out on WWII shooters for a while there....NOW we're burned out on near-futuristic FPS games!!