IGNORED

Js99'er

Asmusr

It's very odd, Plato is caching the ROM address of the sector IO subroutine in >b7ae, but for some reason in JS99'er it's caching the address of the Files subroutine instead. So instead of sector IO it's calling Files, which results in a Disk I/O error. At least that's my current analysis.

• Like 1

Finally, after several hours of debugging I found the issue with Plato: I was setting the error code in >8350 to the wrong value after a call to the files subroutine. This caused Plato to repeat the call to files rather than beginning to read the disk using sector I/O.

• Like 1

Rasmus, I have a quirky request. On the JS99er page, there is quite a bit of white space , would look good with a background of a TI monitor or even a plate of brushed aluminium, of course, only should you desire.

Also, I have found some issues;

* with games using the joystick emulation (laptop arrow keys) and the down direction sticking.

* Sometimes when we list a basic program, it lists lots of numbers and plus symbols and not the actual program.

Regards, Joe

Finally, after several hours of debugging I found the issue with Plato: I was setting the error code in >8350 to the wrong value after a call to the files subroutine. This caused Plato to repeat the call to files rather than beginning to read the disk using sector I/O.

Thank you! some people on the yahoo list will be very happy :)

Greg

Also, I have found some issues;

* with games using the joystick emulation (laptop arrow keys) and the down direction sticking.

* Sometimes when we list a basic program, it lists lots of numbers and plus symbols and not the actual program.

Thanks, can you refer me to some programs where I can reproduce these issues?

Thanks, can you refer me to some programs where I can reproduce these issues?

Yes, one of them was "Ms PacMan" on the Atari compilation, on that game, I found that I could not go down ... but it doesn't happen straight away. It kind of "kicks in" when it does it.

There were other games also, I can't remember which I tried - but I think if we play a few, the occurance will happen.

On other games, the keys can 'stick' ... for example the arrow keys, ESDX. and the player goes one way and no other.

Also ... the strange + and number symbols in BASIC listings can occur at random ... when we load a game or program, it just sometimes does it .... not all the time, just sometimes. Which I suppose will make it harder to trap and correct.

Edited by Retrospect

Yes, one of them was "Ms PacMan" on the Atari compilation, on that game, I found that I could not go down ... but it doesn't happen straight away. It kind of "kicks in" when it does it.

There were other games also, I can't remember which I tried - but I think if we play a few, the occurance will happen.

On other games, the keys can 'stick' ... for example the arrow keys, ESDX. and the player goes one way and no other.

Also ... the strange + and number symbols in BASIC listings can occur at random ... when we load a game or program, it just sometimes does it .... not all the time, just sometimes. Which I suppose will make it harder to trap and correct.

I noticed the sticky key as well.. thought it was my browser/pc :) only in games as that's all I use js99er for :)

Greg

• Like 1

I believe the keyboard issue is related to the mapping of the PC arrow keys to the Fctn+SDEX keys on the TI, so in the latest version (5.5.2) I have included an option to turn this off. Please try it out and let me know if you still have problems with sticky keys. (Note that if you switch off the arrow keys you have to use Alt+SDEX to move the TI cursor).

• Like 2

By the way, the video system of JS99'er has been through a massive refactoring lately, so instead of drawing a full frame and then running the CPU it's now interleaving the drawing of each scanline with a number of CPU cycles. This makes it possible to emulate changes to the VDP registers while drawing the screen, for instance to switch to a new sprite attribute list half way down the screen. But most importantly it allows developers to catch problems with screen tearing early, for instance when you think you're drawing to a double buffer when in fact you're drawing to the visible screen.

• Like 6

Hello again Rasmus.

I've found another slight issue.

When breaking from any Basic program, if I use a real keyboard (rather than the simulated one) using the CNTRL and 4 keys, it breaks, but then will not write proper characters again.

as seen in this short video. Of course, if I use the graphical keyboard within JS99er. this does not occur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qApWmojQDBc

Hmm, that doesn't happen to me. You wrote that you're pressing Ctrl+4, but you mean Alt+4, which will emulate Fctn+4, right?

On my Chromebook I press CTRL and 4. It's the ctrl key on the right side next to alt/gr. It might have something to do with it being a chromebook , i dunno yet

On my Chromebook I press CTRL and 4. It's the ctrl key on the right side next to alt/gr. It might have something to do with it being a chromebook , i dunno yet

What happens if you press Atl+4 or AltGr+4 instead?

Keyboard emulation in a browser is a PITA. It is definitely the feature I have had most problems with.

What happens if you press Atl+4 or AltGr+4 instead?

Keyboard emulation in a browser is a PITA. It is definitely the feature I have had most problems with.

It opens up a separate tab with Youtube on it.

These are issues to do with my Chromebook I think. For example; there are no function keys along the top of the keyboard, they are proprietary keys for this hardware instead, such as refresh, back, forwards, fullscreen etc. With function keys I would press F4 to break a TI program in JS99er.

Left Alt button works with key P for speech marks though.

* Also .....

Found out why there's sometimes garbage printed when LIST is typed; it only seems to occur when it's a program I've made using the TI994a Basic Editor online, other programs listed, have no problems.

Edited by Retrospect

Rasmus - Off Topic, but John Hogerhuis at the Tandy 100/102/200 mailing list has created a ModelT javascript based emulator - pretty cool!

http://bitchin100.com/CloudT/

I've got a Tandy 102 - awesome little machine!

neet! and he has it so you can paste link to the club100 basic downloads and then type CLOAD in basic and it'll load one.. like ftp://ftp.whtech.com/club100/mus/bach.ba

• Like 1

should be leftalt and the number 4 key

Yeah, on a normal computer it is ... and F4 works as break .... but on a Chromebook, it's stupid, it's all proprietary functions - I wouldn't be using it except my Win10 machine decided to commit suicide the other morning. Also JS99er runs very very well on the Chromebook. :)

• 3 months later...

When playing Alpiner (the game competition going on this month) in JS99er.net then the only issue I have is that

somehow the key movement get stuck (e.g. going upwards or left / right), To solve it: go to options and

select PC-keyboard toggle on/off to stop the issue.

It looks like a repeating key-loop issue in the emulator? (it does not happen in other emulators, the real TI I need to try out later)