Emulator JavaScript

492 replies to this topic

#476 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,093 posts

Posted Sat Dec 8, 2018 4:47 PM

Not sure if this is a bug in js99er.  If you open the debugger and set a view address (e.g. CPU memory >8300) then afterwards the keyboard doesn't work anymore in the emulator.

You can test it with Pitfall. Even if you press the "Reset" button they keyboard still seems to be disabled.

Either way, that's a fantastic emulator you have there. Very impressive!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Thanks, it should be fixed now.

#477 retroclouds OFFLINE  

retroclouds

Stargunner

• 1,693 posts

Posted Sun Dec 9, 2018 9:33 AM

Thanks, it should be fixed now.

Yes, confirmed! Thank you ;-)

#478 ironnerd OFFLINE  

ironnerd

Space Invader

• 28 posts

Posted Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:05 PM

I can finally post on the forum, and wanted to thank ASMUSR for JS99ER. I have been having a lot of fun with it. I have been typing in the examples from the Beginner's Basic manual. So relaxing.

And getting to play my favorite Star Trek port has been fun as well.

Arigatto, Asmusr San.

#479 urbite OFFLINE  

urbite

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:18 PM

Dragon Flyer, also known as Spotshot when it was initially released. DataBioTics had a tendency to change the names of programs over time to make them look like something new. . .and Spotshot was the first DBT cartridge I bought back in the day--along with Black Hole.

This was one of the three Sofmachine games - Spotshot (Dragonflyer), Barrage, and Jumpy (Qmaze). Spotshot was done by Jim Dramis (aka Parsec partner, Munchman, Car Wars) and Barrage was done by Garth Dollahite (TI Invaders). I spent many captivating hours "testing" :-D Spotshot and Barrange and giving feedback to Jim and Garth. And I've played them many times in the years since, and they're still captivating. Not long after TI exited the home computer, the Sofmachine principals (Jim, Garth, and myself) had to get real jobs. I ended up back at TI in Dallas. A year or so later Sofmachine licensed the games to DataBiotics, who changed the name of Spotshot and Jumpy.

Jumpy was my game, which was hurriedly wrapped up to meet DataBiotics datadeadline. While we were developing our games for Sofmachine, I didn't have as much time to devote to Jumpy as Jim and Garth did because I was also writing development utilities and designing/building hardware prototypes (16K banked cartridge emulator). One of these days I hope to truly finish Jumpy and add in some of the features I'd originally planned. With the many excellent 99/4A programming tricks that have been developed since (many by members of this forum), Jumpy could be more capable now.

#480 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

Quadrunner

• 5,213 posts

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:33 PM

An update to Jumpy would be most interesting, especially as the cartridge space is really expandable with the current cartridge boards. . .

#481 urbite OFFLINE  

urbite

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:08 PM

Asmusr - Thanks for such a fabulous piece of work! Your persistence and coding acumen is truly humbling. I've been thinking about learning some javascript, and js99er would be the perfect example to study. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

#482 PeteE OFFLINE  

PeteE

Chopper Commander

• 217 posts

Posted Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:04 PM

I noticed something while testing my Turmoil clone in JS99er - sometimes the sprites don't look right, most often when there is a blinking prize sprite there appears to be a inactive bullet sprite letting the char colors through.  Also when the player ship dies, the bullet in that row should be disabled, but it still shows overlapping.  In the code when a bullet sprite goes inactive, it sets the sprite list color to 0(transparent) and the 9918a will not draw that sprite (on hardware and classic99.)  In the sprite lists, the priority is: bullets, then player ship, then enemy ships.  I see in the JS code in the sprite preprocessing stage that the sprite colors are copied to spriteBuffer, and the higher-priority transparent bullet sprite is "erasing" the black outline of the ship sprite.  I think that transparent sprites should not be copied to the spriteBuffer (but still considered for 4 sprite limit.)

#483 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,093 posts

Posted Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:01 PM

I noticed something while testing my Turmoil clone in JS99er - sometimes the sprites don't look right, most often when there is a blinking prize sprite there appears to be a inactive bullet sprite letting the char colors through.  Also when the player ship dies, the bullet in that row should be disabled, but it still shows overlapping.  In the code when a bullet sprite goes inactive, it sets the sprite list color to 0(transparent) and the 9918a will not draw that sprite (on hardware and classic99.)  In the sprite lists, the priority is: bullets, then player ship, then enemy ships.  I see in the JS code in the sprite preprocessing stage that the sprite colors are copied to spriteBuffer, and the higher-priority transparent bullet sprite is "erasing" the black outline of the ship sprite.  I think that transparent sprites should not be copied to the spriteBuffer (but still considered for 4 sprite limit.)

Thanks, I guess I have missed something there. I assumed that the color of any higher priority sprite would take precedence over the color of any lower priority sprite - even if that "color" was transparent (meaning you would see through to the tile layer and not to the next priority sprite). But if it isn't so on real hardware I will change it, of course.

Now I wonder if that's also how Matthew has implemented it on the F18A?  

#484 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

Quadrunner

• 5,573 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:13 PM

Just verified F18A here, it's correct. Transparent sprites do not affect the display (but they DO still collide ;) )

#485 indiosse OFFLINE  

indiosse

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 2:52 PM

im getting over 45 fps playing parsec on my htc u ultra phone and i think there are phones that are a lot faster , great job

#486 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,093 posts

Posted Wed Jan 2, 2019 12:46 PM

I think I have fixed this issue now.

#487 PeteE OFFLINE  

PeteE

Chopper Commander

• 217 posts

Posted Wed Jan 2, 2019 12:53 PM

I think I have fixed this issue now.

Looks good to me.  Thanks!

#488 Retrospect OFFLINE  

Retrospect

Stargunner

• 1,139 posts

Posted Fri Jan 4, 2019 9:21 AM

Hello Rasmus.  I think there's a slight sound issue with latest JS99er.  When I go to Js99er firstly, there's no beep. And no noise or sound at all when programming.

Then when I load some software, whichever software randomly, the sound comes back.

#489 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,093 posts

Posted Fri Jan 4, 2019 10:55 AM

Hello Rasmus.  I think there's a slight sound issue with latest JS99er.  When I go to Js99er firstly, there's no beep. And no noise or sound at all when programming.

Then when I load some software, whichever software randomly, the sound comes back.

It seems to work for me. Is it in Chrome? Try clicking on the padlock next to the URL and check if the site is allowed to play sound. There has been talk about a change in the autoplay policy for a while, meaning that sites cannot play sound on their own without user interaction.

#490 Retrospect OFFLINE  

Retrospect

Stargunner

• 1,139 posts

Posted Fri Jan 4, 2019 10:58 AM

It seems to work for me. Is it in Chrome? Try clicking on the padlock next to the URL and check if the site is allowed to play sound. There has been talk about a change in the autoplay policy for a while, meaning that sites cannot play sound on their own without user interaction.

Yes it was that :)

Thanks Rasmus.  It's fine now. 

#491 jrhodes ONLINE  

jrhodes

Moonsweeper

• 289 posts

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:10 PM

I just noticed that js99er has the wrong result of running the SIZE command from XB.

Classic99 reports 11840, while js99er is showing 11841.

Not a big deal, just thought i would point it out.

#492 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,093 posts

Posted Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:24 AM

I just noticed that js99er has the wrong result of running the SIZE command from XB.

Classic99 reports 11840, while js99er is showing 11841.

Not a big deal, just thought i would point it out.

Thanks. The byte is no longer available. I hope nobody used it.

#493 Schmitzi ONLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 4,509 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 AM

:grin:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Emulator, JavaScript

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users