XB Game Developers Package

327 replies to this topic

#326 senior_falcon OFFLINE  

senior_falcon

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,223 posts

Posted Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:12 PM

Sorry I cannot offer more info.  I can send you the program if you want to try the same process.

Yes, would you PM the programs to me? (XB source code and also the compiled files if you have them both) I can't think of any changes that would make a difference. 

Thanks. 

#327 1980gamer OFFLINE  

1980gamer

Dragonstomper

• 924 posts

Posted Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:21 PM

i over wrote the original files when I compiled earlier today.

I figured, I'll just load the prior XBGDP and retrace my steps.  Load the non-compiled version and just compile again.

Well, tried that 2 times and it worked fine.  Hmmm.  I hate this.  It did it twice last night. But today, no problems.

The only difference I can think of, I am usually making changes and play testing in overdrive etc.  But today, I did not make any changes or play test.

I guess, I'll work as normal.  IF/WHEN this crazy behavior occurs, I'll save everything and send it over. 

Over Drive does make my system run hot.  I wonder if I have some thermal issues?  It is a laptop, on my lap...  I block the fans often.

Though I haven't noticed other apps failing...  Did get my for BLUE SCREEN yesterday. I was just browsing at the time.   May have left Classic99 running...in OD??  don't remember?

#328 senior_falcon OFFLINE  

senior_falcon

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,223 posts

Posted Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:56 PM

Strange...Well if you can get it to happen again I'd like to see it. 

Read the docs in Frappato about enabling GRAM. That seems to tame the stability problems when running XB256 in cpu overdrive.

It shouldn't be necessary when running a compiled progam.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users