IGNORED

Intellivisionaries: Questions For Keith Robinson

As discussed in our Intellivisionaries Episode 5 thread a while back ( http://atariage.com/forums/topic/221183-intellivisionaries-episode-5-is-up/ ), I am looking for questions to ask Keith Robinson. All the ones already asked in that thread have been sent to him, but if anyone else has more for him, please post them in this thread, and I will make sure he gets them.

I will have him in the studio next week to get answers to them, which will [hopefully] be in episode 9 toward the end of May.

• Like 1

I'm rather behind in my listening to the Intellivisionaries podcasts so some of these questions might have been asked already:

• What are his general thoughts on the homebrew community?
  • For folks thinking of making new games or hardware for the Intellivision, what advice can he give?
    • What are the right legal steps that should be taken?
    • What 'dumb moves' should be avoided?
    • What exactly does Kieth own / have the rights to? Is there a list available?

"Past podcast interview guests included some great programmers that were unaware that people in 2014 will pay for Intellivision games, whether enhancing/completing previously unreleased stuff or making something new. What would it take for you reach out to them to get back on the Intv bandwagon?"

Good ones!

My goal is to keep him here until all the questions get answered. And if he can't stay long enough to accomplish that, the remaining questions can be in a followup episode. I hope to make this a recurring segment in the show.

"Would you be willing to invest in or otherwise back in any way the creation of a modern development environment for the Intellivision? The IntvBASIC project comes to my mind first, but "official support" of anything that grows the number of developers could only help the platform's popularity. That might ultimately help sales of whatever you are planing to publish next."

A few questions:

- Intellivision productions has produced boxed cart releases for other vintage platforms (Atari, Coleco) in the past and have offered them for sale at CGE and on the web site. Would Keith consider doing the same for unreleased Intellivision games?

- The Intellivision Lives web site and accompanying store are sorely outdated, with many broken links existing on the main site. Are there plans to update the web site and/or offer more branded product in the store? I would even offer up the option of allowing our little merry band to help with the site update if Keith would allow it and if cost is an issue.

- Has Keith ever met any of the TRON actors and, if so, have any of them seen and/or played Solar Sailer?

Edited by bikeguychicago

A new intellivision system or release any finished prototype games, or finished systems

With the costs involved, I think the Flashback is the closest we'll ever get to a new system. Also, there seems to be little point in releasing a new Intellivision console based on either Intellivision III or IV specs.

Given the last couple of questions - Assuming the Intellivision Flashback sells well enough to show there is a demand, could a Flashback 2 be offered that provides a cartridge port? Or like the Atari one provide a way to hack a cartridge port into it?

That would be nice. It would also be nice if a later model were equipped to output to HDMI in addition to composite, even if the picture is still a 4:3 ratio. However, as stated before, the first one needs to do well enough to warrant a second.