IGNORED

ColecoVision Flashback System

Only $40! At that price, I think I'll pickup 2.. one to use and one to keep NIB.

How could anybody complain considering you are getting a CV Flashback system, two controllers that are compatible with a real CV, 60 built-in games, a custom overlay set and very nice box to proudly display alongside all our other CV goodies.

Hopefully it will sell well enough to warrant a second version with an SD Card slot.

I'm actually surprised that people aren't complaining about the design of the controllers mimicing the original CV controllers seeing how EVERYONE loves to complain about them!

• Like 5

Only $40! At that price, I think I'll pickup 2.. one to use and one to keep NIB.

How could anybody complain considering you are getting a CV Flashback system, two controllers that are compatible with a real CV, 60 built-in games, a custom overlay set and very nice box to proudly display alongside all our other CV goodies.

Hopefully it will sell well enough to warrant a second version with an SD Card slot.

I'm actually surprised that people aren't complaining about the design of the controllers mimicing the original CV controllers seeing how EVERYONE loves to complain about them!

I'm thinking.. the guys making the new Coleco main boards.. they should consider fitting that shiz into THESE cases instead of the original!

• Like 2

My only complain is the deisgn of the console

When you look at what they did with the Intv and Atari one, you're wondering why the CV Flashback doesn't match the original CV system

Also, they could had used the REAL Colecovision logo! :?

Wish I was part of their team for suggestion(s)

The game boxes featured on the box are not consistent, used both French/Canadian and USA boxes

There are just minor complains anyway, everybody knows I will buy (at least) one unit

A few questions ---

1. I will be picking up a TV to use with my Atari 2600 Jr. in the near future, and it will most likely be an old CRT. Would a CRT work with the ColecoVision flashback? Or should I use an HDTV for it instead?

2. Why are people who already own the real deal interested in the Flashback console? I know I want it because I don't have the real thing and will not have the space or money for one for a while, and want to get a taste of what all the fuss is about without emulating it on my laptop.

3. Why does everyone want an SD card slot? Similar reasons to the Harmony Cart (for dumping all the games on to and being able to play them from the system itself)?

A few questions ---

1. I will be picking up a TV to use with my Atari 2600 Jr. in the near future, and it will most likely be an old CRT. Would a CRT work with the ColecoVision flashback? Or should I use an HDTV for it instead?

2. Why are people who already own the real deal interested in the Flashback console? I know I want it because I don't have the real thing and will not have the space or money for one for a while, and want to get a taste of what all the fuss is about without emulating it on my laptop.

3. Why does everyone want an SD card slot? Similar reasons to the Harmony Cart (for dumping all the games on to and being able to play them from the system itself)?

1 - I doubt it will be HDMI

2 - Because we like to collect Colecovision items

3 - Because it would be awesome to have a ALL in One solution

• Like 4

I'm definitely curious and would be keen to support this product to encourage the production of a second version. Bill, with that in mind, do you know if this will be sold in Canada?

AtGames has had past distribution in Canada, including with Toys "R"Us, so I don't see why that wouldn't continue. I've heard mixed results from people in Canada about getting one outside of mail order, though.

• Like 1

When you look at what they did with the Intv and Atari one, you're wondering why the CV Flashback doesn't match the original CV system

Also, they could had used the REAL Colecovision logo! :?

Wish I was part of their team for suggestion(s)

The game boxes featured on the box are not consistent, used both French/Canadian and USA boxes

There are just minor complains anyway, everybody knows I will buy (at least) one unit

I've been back and forth with them many times about the design and the lack of consistency in the use of game boxes. For whatever reason, that's an issue for most of their products. With the ColecoVision Flashback box, though, keep in mind that that one is not the final production box. The design has advanced since then. I haven't checked, but I'm assuming for whatever reason they haven't gone back to that mockup that Toys "R"Us shows and will use the newer design.

There was another question about the games list. I don't have access to the list at this point, but it's actually a nice selection (what I've seen so far), considering. As mentioned in other threads, obvious omissions are Nintendo stuff and anything that Activision owns the rights to, which includes Imagic. Unfortunate, but unavoidable.

Bill does state that the design is not final yet, but my guess is that it won't change.

Also, they could had used the REAL Colecovision logo!

Indeed, that would be ideal... especially to get the color rainbow correct as I don't see any pink in the "C" and "o", although that could just be a result of the supplied picture of the unit and box.

Maybe that's not such a bad thing as it will be REGION FREE!!! :P and AtGames won't have to make box variations for the U.S. and Canadian markets. Hmm, maybe they should include a CBS game box (multi-language 5 to be exact) as well.

Getting back to the DB9 controller ports and controllers... seeing as they are compatible with a real CV, that would mean that you should be able to use any of the CV's special controllers like the Driving Module, SACs and even the Roller Controller (you would still need to plug the RC's power adapter into a real CV power supply). I'm not one for assuming, so it will be interesting to hear what Bill reports.

A few questions ---

All of AtGames' products use composite, so an old CRT TV is superior to an modern HDTV. I'm hoping for 2015 and beyond they switch to HDMI so their stuff looks better on modern TVs.

As for question 2, some of us like to collect, some of us want a new source of controllers, some of us like overlays, etc. Lots of reasons.

Question 3 is easy. That makes is far more versatile. Many of us obviously have many solutions for our real ColecoVision or Adams that do all of this and more, but it's nice to have a cheap alternative.

Maybe that's not such a bad thing as it will be REGION FREE!!! :P and AtGames won't have to make box variations for the U.S. and Canadian markets. Hmm, maybe they should include a CBS game box (multi-language 5 to be exact) as well.

Getting back to the DB9 controller ports and controllers... seeing as they are compatible with a real CV, that would mean that you should be able to use any of the CV's special controllers like the Driving Module, SACs and even the Roller Controller (you would still need to plug the RC's power adapter into a real CV power supply). I'm not one for assuming, so it will be interesting to hear what Bill reports.

I wish there was a method to the lack of box shot consistency. I haven't found any, but point it out each time I talk to them.

There are no games that require special controllers on it, only those that make optional use, i.e., games designed for the standard controller first. In theory, the special controllers should work on it, though, even without specific native games. That will be a good thing to test out in case we ever do get an SD cart version.

I can spend 40 bucks without blinking. Considering that is less then buying a game it seems ridiculous not to spend it. I will buy one to put at my parents vacation house. I may even buy one just to give to my nephew to get him hooked on colecovision. :)

• Like 1

I can spend 40 bucks without blinking. Considering that is less then buying a game it seems ridiculous not to spend it. I will buy one to put at my parents vacation house. I may even buy one just to give to my nephew to get him hooked on colecovision. :)

Yeah, I would also got one for my mom

Hopefully, Cabbage Patch Kids will be included, as it's her favorite one along Antarctic Adventure