I started on a new project with Nathan back in March. It's now far enough along to share with the Homebrew forum.
Your goal is to destroy the space stations on each level. Use the radar, located at the bottom of the screen between the score and lives remaining, to find the stations (green dots) in relation to yourself (white dot). Destroy the stations by taking out all 6 pods
Or by hitting the occasionally exposed Energy Field.
Be careful of asteroids and mines. Also beware of the enemy ships. They currently just fly around in formation and cannot yet be destroyed, but running into them is still deadly.
For this project I came up with a slick new kernel that gives me the ability to reposition an object (player[also known as sprite], missile or ball) on every single scanline. In Space Rocks I was limited to only repositioning the players, and only every-other scanline at that. Check out my Draconian Blog Entries if you're interested in learning more about this.
- Level = select from 1 of 6 test levels.
- TV Type = Select NTSC, PAL or SECAM for proper colors based on your model 2600.
- Left Difficulty - A= Diagnostic Display (time remaining in Vertical Blank and OverScan)
- Left Difficulty - B = Score Display
- Right Difficulty - A = stationary ship (used for diagnostic purposes)
- Right Difficulty - B = moving ship
- SELECT = return to menu
- START = start game
- Joystick = move around in sector
- Fire = shoot
- open Draconian in Stella
- hit TAB for the in-game-menu
- select Game Properties
- Select the Display tab
- change Use Phosphor to Yes
- click OK
- select Exit Menu
- Reload the ROM (Control-R)
draconian_20140503.bin 32KB 755 downloads
Courtesy of Nathan, 4K Desktop:
Edited by SpiceWare, Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:30 PM.