IGNORED

Nightmare video games?

Ya ever play a game so much you actually started having nightmares about it?

TEMPEST...when it was released on the PS, I was going crazy over all those old school games, and Tempest was the one I played the most (reasonably crummy controls and all), for HOURS..a lil too close to bedtime, for sure, and the nightmares were bad enough that I had to stop playing it for a looooooong time afterward. I gotta find a quick n cheap way to set up a spinner control for MAME, so I can get it back on the go (and Arkanoid as well, which, well, never really caused nightmares).

Anybody else?

I have a Tempest cabinet, and if I play it for too many hours (especially at night), it certainly messed up my sleep patterns. For some reason, RPG's late at night mess with me as well.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I hadnt played Tempest in YEARS... Got an Android version for my phone and, while very well done, trying to control your ship via touchscreen is HORRIBLE!

Made me look up the prices of Tempest cabs though. :)

Out of my league for sure... But maybe someday. ;)

Dead Space 1 scared me in ways I couldn't imagine with any other game or horror movie. Silent Hill, the first one, was extremely scary too. Legit nightmares from that one. I also played a slot Flash game on Newgrounds that was horror themed, and their developers have skills because who knew Flash games would be scary too?

• 8 months later...