IGNORED

Mario Kart 8 pre-order with free digital download and free racing wheel!

Just bought Wind Waker HD for $20 new. Wish I had listened to my instincts with my Mario Kart 8 free download since I had no doubt I'd grab this on disc eventually, but I couldn't resist.

I just figured it would be a couple of more years before I ever saw a deal on it like this one.

Are you going to share? Where did you get it for $20 bucks new? Not many major Nintendo titles go for that low this early in the game.

Are you going to share? Where did you get it for $20 bucks new? Not many major Nintendo titles go for that low this early in the game.

Well, Nintendo Land started as a $60 premium launch title. It has been retailing for $20 for some time now. The very earliest of the Nintendo Selects Wii-U titles.

WalMart in Canada is having a sale which includes this for $20 and Super Mario 3D World for $30.

WalMart in Canada? Yeah, I remember getting lots of great Atari computer products for amazing prices in Canada back when I was a kid. Love that country and miss going there. Might have to pay a surprise visit to my relatives and get some great Nintendo specials LOL. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by TheGreatPW

Well, Nintendo Land started as a $60 premium launch title. It has been retailing for $20 for some time now. The very earliest of the Nintendo Selects Wii-U titles.

Is there anyone that actually paid $60 for NintendoLand? I consider that title more like a pack in like Wii Sports that never retailed for more than $20. I follow what you mean though. Now that I think of it, I don't think I know anyone that paid full retail for that title.

Is there anyone that actually paid $60 for NintendoLand? I consider that title more like a pack in like Wii Sports that never retailed for more than $20. I follow what you mean though. Now that I think of it, I don't think I know anyone that paid full retail for that title.

Yeah, I remember when I went to preorder the Wii-U deluxe model, the guy at Game Stop asked me which model I wanted. I said only an idiot would buy the Basic white model. The clerk agreed with me, and then told me about how another customer already preordered the white model, with Nintendo Land... For $10 more ($300+$60) than the Premium version which included Nintendo Land ($350) and had 4x memory.

Idiot. :dunce:

Edited by stardust4ever

Maybe, maybe not.

He perhaps wanted his existing Wii accessories to match and wasn't planning to download retail Wii U releases (8 gigs is plenty for the Virtual Console, demos, and such) or already was settled on attaching an external hard drive to it with far more space than 32 gigs.

Edited by Atariboy

Yeah, I remember when I went to preorder the Wii-U deluxe model, the guy at Game Stop asked me which model I wanted. I said only an idiot would buy the Basic white model. The clerk agreed with me, and then told me about how another customer already preordered the white model, with Nintendo Land... For $10 more ($300+$60) than the Premium version which included Nintendo Land ($350) and had 4x memory.

Idiot. :dunce:

Nintendo should've just offered a 32GB machine in either black or white.

Most stores here in NYC were completely stocked up on the white model thinking consumers wanted the cheaper model while the black was sold out. Backrooms were stacked with white basic systems.

Some stores compensated by offering gift cards to those who bought a basic unit with a game but it was only a $25 store credit at most and you ended up having less memory.

I would've prefer a Wii U in white to be honest but without it being offered as a premium choice, I ended up with a black one by default (as did just about every family, friends and co-workers I know that has one). Many would've preferred a white one to go with their Wii, iPhones and iPads. People like choices!

Edited by TheGreatPW

Thinking about that some more, it is stupid. Assuming that he was transferring his sensor bar over (Which only the deluxe model for the Wii U includes), if what I said was even the case, he still missed out on the convenient charging dock by going this route.

Wii U without this would suck a lot of the fun out of it due to the short battery life of the gamepad.

• 2 months later...

^^Gotta learn to use items effectively. I would strongly recommend practicing on the GP cups and learning the tracks before playing online.

Also sometimes the luck of the items is not in your favor. I'd just as soon win one race and place last in the next.

Once your 7 year old gets more proficient, the game can get really addicting. Whatever item hits you take, you can't let it get you down. :)

^^Not in MK8. Wii-U has not been hacked yet (Wii mode exploits don't count), and if it does get hacked in the future, Nintendo is actively updating and applying software patches.

There's currently no cheap tricks in MK8 ala the Maka Wuhu 3DS exploit, and the server will boot you off and dock 20 exp points for bad behavior, defined as deliberately not following the course: those wishing to disrupt other racers by item box squatting or racing the course backwards, will quickly find themselves booted off the server.