IGNORED

CompuMate Games

whatwhat?

Hey folks. New here but wanted ask if anybody has ever heard of a small company out of Connecticut called CompuMate that sold educational software for the TI back in the early 80's. My father and uncle wrote the games and I got a quarter a tape to duplicate/print&apply labels/photocopy game documentation & listings. I looked around on all the archive sites and don't see anything related so I may have some new/unique software to add to the collection.

I've got a bunch of program listings and cassettes of about a dozen programs that were written anywhere between 82 & 84. Some names to jog the memory: Magic Crayon (drawing game), Keyboard Kapers (children's learn-to-type game), A Nite At The Races (horseracing game...looks like some "borrowed" graphics from Camelot), Flip-Em (Othello clone). These are all TI-BASIC programs with no need for/access to memory expansion.

My father is cleaning out his basement and I've got him on the lookout for the piles of game inserts and program listings that we included with the software. If anybody has a copy of any of this software I'd love to get my hands on it as my collection is not complete and I'd like to preserve a little history.

thanks in advance...jamie

P.S. Here's one of the listings i've got for Hang Man.

Edited by whatwhat?
  • Like 8

Thanks Willsy. I will try to get these loaded as soon as possible. I don't actually have a console available to me so I will be working with one of the emulators to verify that these programs still run. I hope to convert the tapes to WAV format and then read them in with one of the available utilities...I tried this a few years ago but couldn't seem to get the WAV files right. Might grab an original player and set the tone properly and see how that goes.

Indeed, welcome! And if I may be so bold, I offer up these as potential avatars. If you are not familiar with the show Archer, then this will help you understand how these came to my mind when seeing your nick.

post-27864-0-24261600-1400039106.gifpost-27864-0-47941100-1400039107.png

• Haha 1

• 9 years later...
On 5/13/2014 at 11:46 PM, OLD CS1 said:

Indeed, welcome! And if I may be so bold, I offer up these as potential avatars. If you are not familiar with the show Archer, then this will help you understand how these came to my mind when seeing your nick.

post-27864-0-24261600-1400039106.gifpost-27864-0-47941100-1400039107.png

I second this idea