IGNORED

syzygy atari USP joystick

Theoryman

I've been trying to contact Syzygy about a bad out of envelope USP Atari style joystick I bought thru Amazon from Syzygy.

I've not gotten any responses from Syzygy to my emails. Trying to avoid making an issue of it with Amazon...

Anybody got more direct contact info for Syzygy?

--

I've been trying to contact Syzygy about a bad out of envelope USP Atari style joystick I bought thru Amazon from Syzygy.

I've not gotten any responses from Syzygy to my emails. Trying to avoid making an issue of it with Amazon...

Anybody got more direct contact info for Syzygy?

--

Try their website, they don't list a phone # or email address but they do provide a real address as well as a web contact form:

http://www.syzygycompany.com/store/index.php?route=information/contact

Syzygy products only have a 30 day warranty

I did find them on Amazon being sold by retailer G Dreamer, not by Syzygy.

http://www.amazon.com/Atari-Styled-Joystick-Video-Controller/dp/B00COTNGWE/ref=sr_1_3?m=A10F2LH4RYXQAG&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1400200448&sr=1-3&keywords=atari

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm, that's odd... send me a PM, I respond to all messages that come in, perhaps its not getting through or hitting the spam folder, be more than happy to get you taken care of. Will get you a pre-paid return label to ship your item back and can get you out a new replacement once it arrives, very happy to help.

Curt

Try their website, they don't list a phone # or email address but they do provide a real address as well as a web contact form:

http://www.syzygycompany.com/store/index.php?route=information/contact

Syzygy products only have a 30 day warranty

I did find them on Amazon being sold by retailer G Dreamer, not by Syzygy.

http://www.amazon.com/Atari-Styled-Joystick-Video-Controller/dp/B00COTNGWE/ref=sr_1_3?m=A10F2LH4RYXQAG&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1400200448&sr=1-3&keywords=atari

G Dreamer had their listing removed for false selling, they are selling some cheap hacked up garbage, not my products, so Amazon pulled their listing.

Hi Curt sorry for out-of-topic but I think that I never thank you for your contribution of all those Atari machines you kindly put on that retro fair that were around the world. Was so nice to see the thanks together with your name and the Atari Historical Museum at the end :thumbsup: when I went there, it is 2years in July I had it here in Portugal. Was here almost 6months and was so nice to see so many people there together with their children, Atari machines and arcades, pong, asteroids, pac-man,... The start was all Atari and/or Atari with Namco, nice to play the original pong machine, I think we had about 20 Atari arcades, 2600 and 7800 but sadly not Atari 8bit computers.

Then there Spectrum, C64, Amiga and an MSX. After that more arcades like bubble bobble, street beat'em'ups,... and even japonese games, heroes, manga and culture...

Was really good and Large worthing any coin of 10euros the entry costs :) .

Sadly it was the first time, a shame, only on the XXI Century and there's seems to not be anymore worlwide planned :(

The same as this one together with the possibility of anyone can show their collection and share their productions and collections... Hmm still dreaming for this but just ATARI, an worlwide to and for all, with all Atari history, products,...

:)

P.s.- Sorry for the interrupt, just couldn't resist!...

Greetings.

José Pereira.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Got the same problem as you Theoryman, unfortunately.

Ordered two Syzygy Atari-style joysticks in June(!), but have received neither and Syzygy are not responding to emails or contact attempts through their website. I did get initial confirmation of the order (and they took my money) and one follow-up in July (saying they'd be on the way), but still, in mid-September, no product, no tracking number, no reponse.

Anyone know what's going on at their end?

Thanks, guys, but my originals (Atari 400) are long dead.

Too much Boulderdash.

Theoryman, and anyone else, got this from curt@atarimuseum.com, today:

> The entire store admin system and email system are hosed…

> So I'm glad you contacted me at this email address,

> Send me a forward of your receipt and I can take care of your order.

> If you run across any others, please let them know and tell them I'm running in

> the dark on my end and they need to contact me so I can help them out, thanks.

(Which I will take as an OK to post)

I found the Retrolink not to work on a Mac which is a pity as it is so cheap.

I haven't used a Retrolink but my Syzygy USB Classic2 works on my Mac with USB Overdrive installed (shareware, free to use with 10 second delay on config screen). It works very well with Atari800MacX and Stella. I haven't been able to get it to work with OpenEmu, but that emulator as a whole seems to need a lot of work with controller compatibility. OS X itself has PS3 controller compatibility built in but OpenEmu still doesn't consistently work with mine, either hardwired by USB or with Bluetooth.

Edited by DrVenkman

• 4 months later...

Did anyone receive their Syzygy USB classic2 joysticks who ordered them in the last few months? Unfortunately, I assumed the store problems had been resolved. I'm in the same situation as the earlier posters (credit card charged, email says order processed but no tracking number, no product, and no email contact). I'm wondering if I should simply call my credit card company to protest the charge since I ordered in early January.

Bob C

I've been waiting for SIX YEARS for my sticks from Legacy Engineering/Syzygy. In a weird way, I almost am glad I didn't get them because it made me think twice about ordering the XM.

Curt may know a lot, but customer service seems to have escaped him. Oh, and Jetboot, this isn't the first time that the "Database got hosed".

• Like 1

^ Yeah, around that time I purchased some on Amazon. Amazon ended up canceling the order a few months later because they never shipped.

But it's all good because I've been really happy with other solutions. The Retrolink USB adapters work fine and I can use whatever Atari compatible sticks I want. I recently purchased the Retronic USB adapters and those are even more awesome because I can use paddles plus many other controllers from other systems with the same adapters :)

You have to join facebook. Belong to them as a group and post on the wall your problem. Atari age is at least a third person thru the grapevine for Curt. Save your frustration its not worth it. Talk with your wallets in the future. We have been scammed..plain and simple!!

Database?? Hosed??

• Like 1

You have to join facebook. Belong to them as a group and post on the wall your problem. Atari age is at least a third person thru the grapevine for Curt. Save your frustration its not worth it. Talk with your wallets in the future. We have been scammed..plain and simple!!

Database?? Hosed??

I'm already a Facebook member so I posted something on Syzygy's wall. I'll see what happens. Unless other people are lying in this thread, it appears some people actually did receive the classic2 joystick so it doesn't appear to be a complete scam. Obviously, there's a problem though.

I thought it made more sense to go with this product for my situation (playing Atari games in 8-bit and ST emulators) but I probably should've simply bought the Retro Link USB cable and purchased a CX-40 joystick from Best Electronics instead.

I may still end up going that way if I never receive the joystick.

I just wanted to post a short follow-up on my joystick purchase. After sending several emails that were ignored, I posted a short query to Syzygy's Facebook page. Unfortunately, the post was deleted. At that point, I sent one more email that was ignored and filed a dispute form with my credit card company.

I went with my original plan of getting the Retro-bit Atari adapter along with the upgraded CX-40 joystick from Best Electronics. I was shocked that the joystick arrived in 2 days. Even back in the day, Best wasn't known to have the cheapest prices but they sold good stuff. I was very happy with my buying experience. It's old fashioned so you won't get an email with tracking information, but the item arrived in perfect condition so I don't care. The Atari tamper-proof tape on the package was a great touch. So far that combination has worked great.

I still look forward to Curt's book "Business is War" since the Tramiel years cover my Atari years. However, I think I'll buy the book from Amazon or the iTunes store.

Bob C