IGNORED

Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming this fall

Bilnick

I am curious the level of quality these will be. I mean, they will essentially have to remake four games. Or, OK, maybe two, since Halo 4 is still relatively recent, and Halo Anniversary was released a couple of years ago. Still, it makes me wonder. I am crossing my fingers the compilation turns out well.

They've never announced Halo 2 Anniversary.

Anyways, due to just owning the originals on the Xbox, count me in someday.

They haven't announced this game either. It is still just a rumor. The only confirmed game is Halo 5 Guardian for 2015 and that that Bonnie Ross said:

"Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year. I spoke about a “journey,” rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that “Halo” fans will be pretty excited about the special plans we have in store."

They've never announced Halo 2 Anniversary.

Anyways, due to just owning the originals on the Xbox, count me in someday.

That is true. I actually thought about that after I posted. It's been discussed around the net for quite a while as if it were a fact. The thing that worries me about a compilation like this is that they might just throw Halo 4 multi-player in and call that aspect finished. The most disappointing thing about "Halo Anniversary" was that they tied into the Reach multiplayer instead of reproducing the Halo CE system link multiplayer for Xbox Live. That's what I was looking forward to the most. Now they have an opportunity to get Halo 2 back online and I'd hate to see them blow it and use the excuse that using the latest multiplayer engine was the best solution for a compilation. Xlink kai will still be the place for the real experience.

That is true. I actually thought about that after I posted. It's been discussed around the net for quite a while as if it were a fact. The thing that worries me about a compilation like this is that they might just throw Halo 4 multi-player in and call that aspect finished. The most disappointing thing about "Halo Anniversary" was that they tied into the Reach multiplayer instead of reproducing the Halo CE system link multiplayer for Xbox Live. That's what I was looking forward to the most. Now they have an opportunity to get Halo 2 back online and I'd hate to see them blow it and use the excuse that using the latest multiplayer engine was the best solution for a compilation. Xlink kai will still be the place for the real experience.

When Halo CEA came out though, Reach was only a year old and Halo 4 was coming out next year. It would have fractured the Halo community if Halo CEA had full on multiplayer. And since Halo 4 isn't that popular, everyone would be playing Halo CEA and Halo 4 would be doing even worse than it is now. I'm starting to think that maybe Halo 2014 will just have Halo 5 beta multiplayer in it. It may be Halo 2 maps that will convert over to a playlist in Halo 5. Who knows though. We should find out here in a month though.

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt they will make the online parts, which is to bad, halo and halo 2 have the best multiplayered maps of all time IMO and when halo cea came out, it was just halo reach's multiplayered.....if it wasn't for the BC actually working for halo, I may not have been as disapointed, but since I could already play the original, I didn't see a reason for Halo CEA. Unless they do something different with halo 2 a, I may just skip that one.

• 5 months later...

Absolutely love this collection. Ran out and purchased it last night and dove right into CE. Can't wait to get more play time in this evening.

One issue I'm curious to see if anyone else has experienced: I have at least 3 achievements that should've been unlocked that have been held up for some reason. In the Achievements App it even says "Done! Unlocking...." or something to that effect, yet nothing yet. Anyone else have this problem?

Playing through CE right now myself! The 60fps in gameplay is nice (it stutters a bit/drops during the cinematics). Game obviously looks dated since it's just the 360 game but still, it's Halo: CE and it's still great. Looking forward to eventually trying Halo 2 since that's what this package is seemingly all about.

Playing through CE right now myself! The 60fps in gameplay is nice (it stutters a bit/drops during the cinematics). Game obviously looks dated since it's just the 360 game but still, it's Halo: CE and it's still great. Looking forward to eventually trying Halo 2 since that's what this package is seemingly all about.

Technically, Halo CE is a launch Xbox title that was updated for the 360, then brought over to the Xbox One. So we're actually playing a 13+ year old game that received two modest updates (and I know you know that, I was just putting it in further perspective). For all that, it looks and plays fairly decently. I too am looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about with the Halo 2 update...

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone here at AtariAge playing Halo: MCC? I'm having an issue with save games. Namely, in Halo 2 (maybe elsewhere also, but I'm not sure) as I play through the campaign solo, if I save and quit after a checkpoint, when I come back to the game it starts me at the very beginning of the mission.

Is that how the original game worked as well? I thought that checkpoints weren't just for reloading when you died during the current play session, but where you could also save and come back at a later time and pick up progress at that point. But it's been so long since I've played Halo 2....maybe I'm mistaken?

I am absolutely sure that I'm gong to the save/quit button, and saving before I leave the game.

Any insights anyone might have would be greatly appreciated!