The cart in the video is using the ATmega644 and supports games with the following specifications :-
- Up to 32K words* of ROM space for a game and its data.
- 1.5K words of RAM for game use.
- 1K words of auto wear levelled EEPROM for high scores and game data.
The version of Rocketeer on the cart is being played in "god mode" so the avatar is invincible.
The same PCB is also compatible with the ATmega1284 and the ATmega324 which allows the design to scale with the game's requirements (by supplying more/less ROM/RAM as required).
This is a video of several of my vaporware/photoshop games running on the Bee3 :-
Apologies in advance for the video quality. I really need to get around to getting my RGB SCART video mod out the door so that I can use a real video capture device.
Still to do :-
- Finish off the auto wear levelled EEPROM functionality.
- Prepare the design for production.
- Layout an new PCB and get some samples made up.
- Test/debug on my NTSC Inty II.
- Modify the multi-cart test code to test the cart continuously and unattended.
I had hoped to get the design finalised for Play at the start of the month but that didn't happen .
Anyways... Many thanks to Reboot for hosting the videos and nonner242, Kiwi and Mystery Musician for making the games shine.