IGNORED

The most annoying enemies in classic games

The enemy in Tempest 2000 that shocks the panel you are on, no matter how far back they are.

In Bubsy (Jaguar) it used to be Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and those bees. Now those are are piece of cake, but I do hate the giant in the Jack in the Beanstalk level, not because he is hard, but because you never can tell what is going to work every time and what will kill you. Sometimes you make a killing move and it just kills you. No reason. I *STILL* after playing all this time spend about three to four lives getting past him. :)

The enemy in Tempest 2000 that shocks the panel you are on, no matter how far back they are.

In Bubsy (Jaguar) it used to be Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and those bees. Now those are are piece of cake, but I do hate the giant in the Jack in the Beanstalk level, not because he is hard, but because you never can tell what is going to work every time and what will kill you. Sometimes you make a killing move and it just kills you. No reason. I *STILL* after playing all this time spend about three to four lives getting past him. :)

Bubsy Jaguar looks hard. I watched a James and Mike video where they're playing it and can't even beat the first level.

Ugg and Wrongway as well as Slick and Sam from Q*Bert.

The Bat in Downland that comes out when you take too long to finish a board.

The Bats and Spider from Night Stalker

Sparx from Qix

The black orbs and those white X's that come flying at high speeds from the top if you're playing too well from Xevious.

Bladers from MM1 always comes to mind bad101.gif

I was a freshman in HS at the time, and that bad guy looked exactly like this kid in my class. He was a real jerk-off tough-guy wannabee too. Probably was Gary Busey's son now that I think about it.

a8a6avuj.jpg

I used to call this Mr. Sun.

e2uza2ar.jpg

I called this one big bertha. I played the crap out of that game.

I think Big Bertha was in fact its official name. Gotta stay out of its way or it'll swallow you whole.

I called the other one the Angry Sun, not sure if that's official.

Hands down: the eagle, or hawk, or whatever the hell it is from the arcade version of Mouse Trap.

The mini-UFO in Asteroids

The "smart bomb" things in Missile Command that dodge your fire

The tanks in Robotron

Skeletons in Golden Axe

Coco Savege [sic] in Mat Mania

Exploding bugs in Black Widow

The jumping enemies in Rush N Attack

I could go on... :D

• Like 3

-The Spider in Centipede
-The Porcupine Guys from the cave stage of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
-The Poison Plants in Resident Evil 2 Scenario B (and the Hunk/Tofu minigames)
-The aliens that appear several stages into TI Invaders that can turn sideways and/or momentarily disappear
-The small UFOs in Asteroids (UFOs are especially cheap in Rockaroids on the Vectrex)
-Bo Jackson, Neal Anderson, Christian Okoye, Dave Meggett, Roger Craig, Thurman Thomas, QB Eagles (aka Randall Cunningham) and Ickey Woods in Tecmo Super Bowl (when on defense)
-Lawrence Taylor, Charles Haley, Richard Dent, the entire Buffalo Bills defense in Tecmo Super Bowl (when on offense)
-Gotta agree about the Bat from Adventure

Coco Savege [sic] in Mat Mania

No kidding. The difficulty of the game goes from about 2 or 3 to 8 or 9. That's because his AI is so cheap it's practically broken.

My vote goes to any enemy that steals items or is indestructible. In RPGs it's any enemy that does nothing but poison you.

No kidding. The difficulty of the game goes from about 2 or 3 to 8 or 9. That's because his AI is so cheap it's practically broken.

Yeah, I love the game, but the coding for Coco was poorly executed, IMO. Bottom line is you absolutely cannot let him gain control of the match, because if you do, you might as well walk away from the machine because there's nothing that can be done. The only way to be sure you beat him consistently is to exploit cheesy tricks... which always feels, well, cheesy.

Edited by Cynicaster
  • Like 1