IGNORED

HSC5 - Game #6 - Frogger

On behalf of my nephew Nathan, his selection has us hopping for the other side.

Any game is allowed to be played..

Scores will be accepted until Sunday, June 8th @ noon central

HSC Scoreboard - Frogger (Accurate as of 1:29am 6/8/2014 Post #34)

1. cparsley - 48,250
  2. scalpel - 33,480
  3. darthkur - 30,900
  4. S.BAZ - 15,690
  5. felson42 - 10,690
  6. Intellifan - 10,250
  7. roadrunner - 9,130

HSC5 Leaderboard - Thru 5 games

1. cparsley - 43
  2. ignorama - 26
  3. scalpel - 21
  4. S.BAZ - 19
  5. gavvv - 18
  6. JasonlikesINTV - 17
  7. felson42 - 14
  8. darthkur - 14
  9. 1980gamer - 10
  10. LidLikesIntellivision - 9
  11. ed1475 - 9
  12. JacobZu7zu7 - 6
  13. Intellfan - 5
  14. roadrunner - 4
  15. jblenkle - 4
  16. mphokie - 2

Hints and Tips - Frogger (Intellivision)

(Personal notes on the game)

• It seems that they only programmed three levels for this game, as level 4 returns to the level 1 easy layout of cars/water section, with just the addition of the snake/croc/otter. So if one can get by level 3, you should be able to make level 6 without much effort, helping to boost the scores.
  • Also, the level selection is not as one would think. Level 1 is the classic game (but with wraparound in the water section). Due to the Intellivision's paging and/or programming as it was done, this can cause the frog to be off the log/croc/turtle and be on the water instead. However, the game only makes a check if the player is safe or not upon moving, so as long as your next hop puts Frogger on a safe spot, you are fine. *In other words, ignore the manual's wording that you have to hop quickly, as being safe trumps a quick hop*
  • Level 2 is placing the game at Level #4 of Frogger (1st pattern, with the croc/snake/otter). The wraparound still remains. Level 3 copies level 1 setup, while Level 4 copies level 2's setup, with the only difference is going off the right side now results in death, instead of wraparound.
  • As much as the nostalgic side of you may want to listen to the frogger theme at the start of the level, don't, as the timer starts ticking as soon as the game is drawn. Yes, unlike the arcade version the theme stops immediately upon moving, it's better than having your time clock run (and lower your scores and/or death)

Any other hints, share to all :)

Edited by cparsley
  • Like 2

Now I'm claiming first place in highscore.com while waiting for future players to accept my invite and post better scores in Highscore.com.

Also testing if claiming first place was too arrogant and my post deserved to be punished and deleted.

Post#7/5-7

P.S: Did I really post this morning :?

I hope my memory isn't joking on me. :-D

Having so many deleted posts in the Intellivision HSC, I think it's better to delete my participation.

I had a map for Pitfall deleted (okay it could spoil the fun).

Some posts I made to update ranks were deleted too. As I mentioned before:

I really wanted to know who won Season 4. (not to mention season 3)

And I'm curious to know in what postion Ignorama finished. I know he wanted to win this season!

Even not playing as serious as Ignorma seems to be playing, I had bought games during HSCs round specially to play the rounds.

I love the HSCs, they became my main gaming 'enviroment', knowing everyone's position is more important to me than knowing soccer teams ranking during the Brazilian Soccer Championship!

Season 5 already started and I'm planning to sum all points during the coming rounds.

I don't mind if the moderator deletes my posts with the unofficial ranking since he posted the updated ranking positions after that.

I only want to keep track of the championship while informing everyone's ranking.

I also saw deletion of other members' posts here.

No post had insults, bad language, politics, religion etc.

Not spamming! Not anything wothy of deletion.

Only posts that maybe, just maybe slightly touched the pure moderator supreme power.

Do not post maps of games. It is only the moderator right to post them.

Do not point to any other gaming site. This is THE gaming thread, if other should be linked, it is the exclusive moderator duty.

Do not update players points in the lack of official ones. Should I say, only the moderator can do it?

-------------

On the other hand:

Each round ends when moderator decides it ends. Not when it should end as stated in the begining.

This is especially true when the moderator didn't post a score before the original time limit. Abuse of authority.

Each new round starts when...

Okay, I fully understand life is more important. I always understood this and I usually gives my humble 'like' in every starting round as a simple thank for the work.

But this is also killing the Intellivision HSC.

We are entering game 6 and month 6. And we have rounds of 2 weeks.

• Like 2

This thread is for the game Frogger, not for complaints... This is a free position and people have life issues that occur.

Thank you very, very much for restoring my deleted post. After all, since we're talking about Intellivision; censorship is 100 times more off topic than a link to another site that keeps high scores.

All situation is like having a nice friend you talk with, play your favs Intellivision games with, share good memories but, out of suddenly, likes to punch your mouth sometimes when you may have said something off-topic. I'm glad my teeth aren't broken, so I can continue playing with you in a friendly way.

Just don't delete people's post more.

BTW.

Congrats to Scalpel and darthkur for beating my high score in the first day!

post-32348-0-85625600-1401320535_thumb.png

My previous link should point to this table. You both are already on top of the mountain. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Having so many deleted posts in the Intellivision HSC, I think it's better to delete my participation.

I had a map for Pitfall deleted (okay it could spoil the fun).

Some posts I made to update ranks were deleted too. As I mentioned before:

I also saw deletion of other members' posts here.

No post had insults, bad language, politics, religion etc.

Not spamming! Not anything wothy of deletion.

Only posts that maybe, just maybe slightly touched the pure moderator supreme power.

Do not post maps of games. It is only the moderator right to post them.

Do not point to any other gaming site. This is THE gaming thread, if other should be linked, it is the exclusive moderator duty.

Do not update players points in the lack of official ones. Should I say, only the moderator can do it?

-------------

On the other hand:

Each round ends when moderator decides it ends. Not when it should end as stated in the begining.

This is especially true when the moderator didn't post a score before the original time limit. Abuse of authority.

Each new round starts when...

Okay, I fully understand life is more important. I always understood this and I usually gives my humble 'like' in every starting round as a simple thank for the work.

But this is also killing the Intellivision HSC.

We are entering game 6 and month 6. And we have rounds of 2 weeks.

These are the same reasons why I stopped posting in the HSC Thread.

Sad.

Lid & Oscar - thanks for heads up - I agree it is sad:-( I didn't know anything about this. After my Carol HS competition fiasco I don't need any further aggravation from something that is supposed to be fun. At best I post a score only with no verbiage or pic. Who chooses to believe me can and those that don't can choose not to. I know I don't lie so that's good enough for me.

Happy gaming everyone - that is what it is all about after all!!

• Like 2

Lid & Oscar - thanks for heads up - I agree it is sad:-( I didn't know anything about this. After my Carol HS competition fiasco I don't need any further aggravation from something that is supposed to be fun. At best I post a score only with no verbiage or pic. Who chooses to believe me can and those that don't can choose not to. I know I don't lie so that's good enough for me.

Happy gaming everyone - that is what it is all about after all!!

I play every game to have fun, even those I perform poorly. It's not a problem at all. And I really like the honour system which doesn't require pics. It's another HSC good decision. So, be free to post anytime. Welcome.

Frogger 15690

game 1 - one of my best scores yet, hope to beat that very soon!

post-34560-0-14368100-1401414926_thumb.jpg

thanks for the scoreboard cparsley! it makes a big difference - more fun to participate.

also I think we all appreciate you! i sure do. ;-) if you give us some explanation of what you would prefer not to have posted I'm sure it will be respected

• Like 1

Frogger 15690

game 1 - one of my best scores yet, hope to beat that very soon!

attachicon.gifFrogger - skill 1 (Intv) 15690.JPG

thanks for the scoreboard cparsley! it makes a big difference - more fun to participate.

also I think we all appreciate you! i sure do. ;-) if you give us some explanation of what you would prefer not to have posted I'm sure it will be respected

FYI you obtain a new life when you get 20000