Coleco ADAM Power Supply

454 replies to this topic

#451 jblenkle OFFLINE  

River Patroller

• 4,375 posts

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:24 AM

You can also use a ColecoVision joystick plug in place of the standard ADAM power plug, but you have to make sure to get the wiring right (of course!!!). I built mine that way and have had no problems with it.

I possibly found the B plan I'm looking for : https://www.youtube....h?v=EbR6ODH1jhA

#452 JihemB OFFLINE  

Space Invader

• 14 posts

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:16 AM

Thanks for your advises.

You can follow my simple guide to build one for about $20.00

Glen, did you realize it is a link to your video I quoted in the post that is just before yours :-).

I'm currently following this path but please note in the side of the Atlantic ocean Mean Well power supply cost in about twice the price you mentionned (about 35€ VAT included !), so the total cost for the PSU plus cable will be closer to 40€ !!

Edited by JihemB, Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:17 AM.

#453 Glen's Retro Show OFFLINE  

Glen's Retro Show

Chopper Commander

• 188 posts

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:30 AM

Yes, I did 😊, just wanted you to know I followed the post ☺.

Still not bad..a price really. A friend made a 3D printed case that I need to test fit...if ok will release it.

#454 Rey OFFLINE  

• Topic Starter
  • 710 posts
  • Mods for ColecoVision & ADAM

Posted Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:37 AM

OK. Thanks for letting me know.

Best wishes for recovery for Rey's familly.

In meantime, does someone has a B plan to suggest ?

Thank you my friend. It's been awhile since I was on here. I appreciate the support and hope to be back and active sooner than later. Things still aren't great and am dealing with health issues myself.  I especially wanted to thank dmcdream and TPR for their patience and understanding who have been waiting a long time for me to finish their mods due to this situation. 

My hope is to have another run of these sometime this year after I finish with Rob and Allen. 

• 1,789 posts

Posted Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:24 AM

Not a problem! Health and family always come first! 

• Rey likes this

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users