Here's a picture of the first one I put together. A few things did not meet my standards so changes were made which I will post next.
This one is just to compare the first ADAM supply to the one I'm working on now.
Jump to content
Posted Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:01 PM
This is the final revision unless something comes up during the testing period. These will not be available for at least a month and a half or two. Aside from all the testing I've done, I have two members who will be testing these supplies to make sure there are ZERO issues.
This will be the last supply I put together for the ADAM and hope it's one that people will love even more than the one before.
-It is fan less and runs within specs. The ADAM disk drive gets much warmer than these supplies and they are made to run without a fan which is a plus!
-Very compact as you can see in the pics. Cables will be longer for placement flexibility.
-Case matches the ADAM and it's in my opinion very good looking.
-Case will be drilled for ventilation.
Take a look........
Posted Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:53 PM
Love the new design!
It's everything that I was hoping for when you first posted about making a P.S. for the ADAM last year...
- modern hardware so as not to have to rely on 30+ year old warez
- small footprint
- case color matching the ADAM as close as possible
- a replica label to tie it in with the rest of the system
You really outdid yourself with this latest design and looking forward to hearing how everything progresses.
Posted Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:20 AM
Well everyone, I got my Coleco Adam power supply by rey_1178 and I can honestly tell everyone it was one of the best purchases I have made in a long time!
I have two Coleco Adam's (one complete in the box) and I am always worried about the printer as so many things can go wrong to stop me from enjoying it. I am sure I am not the only one that thinks that.
I have had it now for two days and I have had it running non stop just to test it and there have been no issues at all.
Here are my thoughts on it so far:
1. Boot up time - It’s a bit faster now that it does not wait on the printer
2. Small foot print - Check out my pictures, it’s a no brainier in this dept. It case easily be tucked away so you don't see it. (However...)
3. Professional looking - From the case to the wiring to the label, it’s all done very well. So nice in fact, I have it displayed with my Adam.
4. Light - The power supply comes with a LED light so you know it's on when the TV/Monitor is off.
5. Well built - The case of the power supply is of sturdy plastic, with hold drilled out to provide are, nothing is lose, no rough edges.
6. Its new - The printer is 30+ years old, it's nice to have, in my perception, the weakest link replaced with a new product.
7. Plenty of cord – I think there is a good balance of cord here. Everyone’s mileage will vary depending on how far you want it, for me though, the power and video cables were a good length and were rugged for day to day use.
8. Great communication – While not part of the “product”, it’s just as import to me. rey_1178 was great at letting me know what was going on, when it was done, and when it shipped. He even sent me a message on the day it was delivered telling me so!
Things to be worked on for the future:
- Black Case – The case is nice looking, don’t get me wrong, however, a color that is closer to the Adam case would be better.
- It’s a little loud – You know when it’s on as you can hear the fan run. It never stops so unless you tuck it away somewhere far, you will probably hear it.
- Case size – Again, it’s so much smaller than the printer, however, it would be nice if it was smaller.
- No more printing – I think this is a given to everyone here, but I thought I would say it anyways. I never printed anything anyways. No biggie at all.
Those are not complaints at all, just things people should know, if anything, if there is ever a 2.0 power supply, those are the only things I can really say that would make a great power supply even better.
To sum it up, for the price, if you have a Coleco Adam, you need to buy it if rey_1178 decides to take orders again (I think he has put them on hold after he gets the current orders placed).
Money well spent!
This was really great feedback, and am very happy that the revisions I've been working on the last few months seem to have been the right ones. I also want to thank mightywiz for his helpful input. I'm glad to bring you guys something you really want and will enjoy even looking at. The first model was good but this one really hits the spot in so many ways.
Posted Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:55 PM
Well time to pickup an ADAM .
Posted Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:05 PM
Posted Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:20 PM
I would be interested in one, thanks
Posted Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:02 PM
Posted Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:08 PM
Posted Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:50 AM
I'd be interested (depending on price, of course).
Posted Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:33 AM
Please let me know when you will begin taking orders. I would love to get at least one of these.
Posted Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:34 AM
Of course I will want one =)
Posted Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:46 PM
Posted Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:44 PM
Posted Thu Mar 5, 2015 5:05 PM
Very interested! Thank you!
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users