IGNORED

Prototype Boulder Dash Micro Fun Game Hopeful Homebrew Project

RelliK111

Telegames UK issued a reprint with a box, instructions and small size cart for around $80 last year...its a nice set.

That's the one that has been mentioned in previous posts and most people around here were not at all impressed with it... especially the total price it would cost for North Americans to buy and have shipped.

That's the one that has been mentioned in previous posts and most people around here were not at all impressed with it... especially the total price it would cost for North Americans to buy and have shipped.

Yeah, it looks like a repro of a repro (if that makes any sense at all). :P

Heres a picture of the ugly boulder dash that telegames repoed of the repo LOL :lol: :rolling:

post-27857-0-94939000-1401557791_thumb.jpg

you can see how much care and effort went into it, but there big selling point was it wasn't a claim shell and they used color at least(well for the box not the manual) :lol: :thumbsup:

If I remember right it was a lot more then $80

Edited by RelliK111

IIRC, the 2013 re-release of Boulder Dash by TeleGames U.K. was around $125.00 shipped, maybe even a little more. Even though I passed on it, I would eventually like to acquire one for my collection as I am a "completist" after all. Funny thing is, a couple weeks after I passed on this re-release, I was able to acquire the original 1986 release for an extremely good price considering what I had seen some others sell for.

I just checked TeleGames site (enter ColecoVision in the Search box) and I don't see the 2013 re-release listed anymore, so they must have finally sold out a couple of months ago.

The really sad part about the 1986 release and the 2013 re-release is that TeleGames U.K. did not even credit the company responsible for programming the CV version... MicroFun/MicroLab.

• Like 1

Well if you do manage to put something together I would be interested, as Boulder Dash is one of my favourite games for the MSX and Atari 8-bit.

I think the idea of getting permission to port one of the sequels sounds like a better prospect though. Not that I have time at the moment (seem to be in work hell at present), I would happily add it to my list of projects. But that would make it fifth in the queue though.

Hi NIAD.

Just to let you and others know. Telegames Boulder Dash is still out there.

Thanks for the direct link. The way I searched does not turn up this re-release in the CV listings, but if you add /shop/ to the end of the Telegames address, it does. Weird!

Thanks to Rellik's price breakdown/assessment, I remembered why I didn't buy it when first released along with the other factors previously mentioned.

• Like 2

Look, if a full CIB release (as Rellik presents it in his video) is that much of a sensitive issue, why not just release the box, manual and cart label as a separate kit, and let the buyers of this kit figure out how to get the required electronics to put in a donor cart?

• Like 3

Box is already made by Luc few years ago.

So if Luc says Okay, we can get the box from Germany.

So it's only Manual, Label and, we need. ;-)

Manual is only a Card or a piece of paper in a single side.

Label can be made in different versions.

Is the French label the original version, or is the gold one also legal. (official). :?:

Box is already made by Luc few years ago. So if Luc says Okay, we can get the box from Germany.

Is the French label the original version, or is the gold one also legal. (official). :?:

Luc's creation was based off of the TeleGames insert sheet from the 1986 release and was not at all in the MicroFun box style like Rellik's and the other repros done in the past.

MicroFun was a U.S. based company so the the Gold Foil label that Rellik and his friends have made would be the proper label to use. Then MicroFun would have made a French Canadian release with the black & white label. To cover all bases, Rellik could provide both label styles to purchasers and let them decide which one they want to place on the cartridge, but something tells me that everyone would go with the Gold Foil label.

• Like 2

NIAD, on 01 Jun 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

Luc's creation was based off of the TeleGames insert sheet from the 1986 release and was not at all in the MicroFun box style like Rellik's and the other repros done in the past.

MicroFun was a U.S. based company so the the Gold Foil label that Rellik and his friends have made would be the proper label to use. Then MicroFun would have made a French Canadian release with the black & white label. To cover all bases, Rellik could provide both label styles to purchasers and let them decide which one they want to place on the cartridge, but something tells me that everyone would go with the Gold Foil label.

I could easily do both as Black & White is much easier then Gold Foil. I just like the Gold Foil look!

Look, if a full CIB release (as Rellik presents it in his video) is that much of a sensitive issue, why not just release the box, manual and cart label as a separate kit, and let the buyers of this kit figure out how to get the required electronics to put in a donor cart?

I think that this is an excellent idea and gets my vote.

I think I will tape my sunglasses to my head next time LOL ;)

Its one of the best stouts I have ever had! & that's saying something because I drink a lot :P LOL

No I'm not sure the story behind the different roms, maybe Jim can chime in if he knows. Its interesting though thanks for the info.

I could totally tell you were wearing fake eyeballs though...

• Like 1

I think I will tape my sunglasses to my head next time LOL ;)

Its one of the best stouts I have ever had! & that's saying something because I drink a lot :P LOL

No I'm not sure the story behind the different roms, maybe Jim can chime in if he knows. Its interesting though thanks for the info.

... and we all saw the tape on the goatee...

• Like 1

AtariBuff, on 30 May 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

In for one copy of course and did you drink that beer unchilled???

No I drank the beer chilled although the beer is good enough and the type of beer it is it could be warm. I never drink warm beer though :P

Yeah, thats a bit steep to say the least! :lol:

I would expect a much higher quality if im going to be forking out that much dough.. :twisted:

... and yet people complained long and loud about $75 for the absolutely gobsmackingly beautiful '2600 version with high quality printing, amazing manual, and awesome box/artwork.

• Like 2

... and yet people complained long and loud about $75 for the absolutely gobsmackingly beautiful '2600 version with high quality printing, amazing manual, and awesome box/artwork.

I wasn't aware of the 2600 version until recently, probably since i haven't actively collected for it in years.. Indeed I agree, it does look beautiful and id pay $75 in a heartbeat if it were for CV. Wouldn't mind the 2600 version either but now there's a new BD coming out for Intv very soon.. :)

Andrew Davie, on 07 Jun 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:Andrew Davie, on 07 Jun 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:Andrew Davie, on 07 Jun 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

Ya I didn't understand the whining and crying over the 2600 version, I bought mine and I was super happy with it!

Edited by RelliK111