IGNORED

13 pin din Adapter

If you want to build your own cable, Digi Key has female socket connectors in stock for $3.83, CP-1113-ND http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/SD-130J/CP-1113-ND

(Male plug connectors are CP1013-ND)

If you don't like soldering you might be able to convince someone to make it for you- I might have time to do it in July.

• Like 1

If you want to build your own cable, Digi Key has female socket connectors in stock for $3.83, CP-1113-ND http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/SD-130J/CP-1113-ND

(Male plug connectors are CP1013-ND)

If you don't like soldering you might be able to convince someone to make it for you- I might have time to do it in July.

PMed!

The round pins aren't meant to be soldered to. If you open up an OEM cable, you'll see tiny crimp pin connectors insulated in little plastic sleeves that are then connected to the round pins. I can't find the exact crimp pin connectors that are used in the OEM cables, but if you take female crimp pins for HD DB connectors and trim the split end off, they'll work. As for the little plastic sleeves, shrink tubing is a good substitute.

Edited by papa_november

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this info. I didn't think the din 13pin connector was common enough to be carried by Digi-Key.

I see multiple home made monitor cables in my future! Has anyone had success running ST low and medium resolution into a vga multisync monitor? I remember reading years ago that some vga monitors would scan properly to accomodate the ST and others would not.

Yes it was quite a surprise, the 15 pin floppy connectors are hard to find, but for some reason Digi Key have tons of these, must be used for something else too I guess, they can't be stocking them for ST enthusiasts. They also do a 13 pin PCB mount socket (CP-3313-ND and CP-2313-ND), and cable assemblies if you feel like cheating and avoiding soldering inside the little 13 way connector (839-1075-ND, 839-1082-ND, 839-1089-ND, 839-1068-ND).

I haven't found an LCD multisync that can handle the ST's low res 15 khz horizontal, the ones I have won't go below 30. I suppose some monitors did back in the day, after all the ST's colour monitor did, but i think there was just no call for it when the first LCDs were being manufactured. I'm going to try my luck with one of those cheap GBS-8220 arcade RGB->VGA adapters that people have had mixed results with.

I want to connect my old Roland S-50 to an Atari monitor I've been dragging around and need to make a cable.

Let me know if I can help, I bought a few extra connectors last time I ordered so have some spare.

It's a pretty compact DIN connector, doesn't look as dated as the monster 14-pin DIN floppy one, so it doesn't surprise me that it found some other uses.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that someone built an S-video to Atari monitor RGB converter, and put a male Atari plug on it. Perhaps some ST compatible monitors had a socket on the back, and used a cable with the same connector at both ends, a bit like how VGA cables and ST floppy cables are set up?