IGNORED

Weird Intellivision setups

I sometimes find it difficult to have all my Intellivision stuff up and running in a convenient manner, both for developing and playing.

One reason is that it tends to take a lot of space. For instance, I've put my TV on top of the console -- which didn't complain so far:

tvOnConsole.jpg

As another example, I love the Ultimate PC Interface -- which I'm often using with an ECS keyboard -- but my table is usually cluttered with random stuff and I don't know where to put the cables. So I've recently put all the stuff in some cardboard packaging and put the keyboard over it. Aaahhh ... much more convenient. :-)

upci.jpg

Also, sometimes you just don't have the correct cable. Below is my CC3 jack to serial to USB adapter (you can tell it's homemade):

cc3ToUsb.jpg

So, what kind of crafty setups are you guys using?

• Like 7

@revolutionika: Rick Danger... I mean, Rick Dynamite should enter the beta testing phase pretty soon.

@scalpel: Hi Pascal! Nope, it's not yet ready for prime time... but it's getting closer. ;-)

Man this is great! This is a title I thought had been totally scrapped. I am very happy to hear it will be available in the near future! :)

Troy

Any plans for Mad Drivin' ?

Well, the problem with Mad Drivin' is that its current road engine is a bit too limited. It was however designed for a bare Intellivision without any extra RAM. With a modern JLP board, it's certainly possible to do most calculations in real time -- as opposed to the mostly pre-computed data that was used in the demo. I did some experiments last December on an improved engine but there's still a long way to go.

@revolutionika: Rick Danger... I mean, Rick Dynamite should enter the beta testing phase pretty soon.

Wow! Talk about unexpected great news! Very happy to hear you're working on it Arnauld, so many folks are dying to get to play your game. This just made my day. I wonder if Rev has it updated on his homebrew news section yet. :)

• Like 1

Arnauld, I see that you also have done some work with the HP48 calculator.

If you have an Android phone, you can install Droid48 for free at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.ab.x48 (I didn't write this app). If you want to save off programs from there, you can install an app I wrote called Droid48 Reader at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.drehersoft.droid48reader. One bit of warning though, Android 4.4 seems to be causing some problems for Droid48 and the Samsung 5-family of phones is causing problems for Droid48 Reader (I'll fix Droid48 Reader as soon as I fix my home server).

Here is what I came up with for the Intellivision setup:

post-4709-0-15575900-1401713193_thumb.jpg

The intellivisiion 2 and ECS are generally hooked up. The voice module (not always needed) and the System Changer (With Super Charger for game loading) (also not always needed) are nearby.

I am thankful that the ECS computer keyboard and synthesizer keyboard had long connector cables. Whenever I need either keyboards I pull them over to where the LCD monitor (with RF tuner) is nearby. With the Intellivision 2 there was the 9 pin controller ports, so with that I have a 9 pin extension cable for the controllers too.

So to summarize, all my Intellivision is on display on a nearby shelf away from the LCD monitor.

Edited by doctorclu

• 3 years later...