IGNORED

Congratulations - To All 100 PMP 30th Anniversary Cart Gift Winners!

Trebor

Tried it out tonight.
Yeah space invaders works with shields off.
Moon cresta is unplayable. But I have the cart.
I had fun playing failsafe and really enjoyed the new scramble!!
Great work on the games Bob!! Thanks for putting this out! It is a real shame for the defects as your games deserve nothing but praise and on a tribute cart its kinda sad. I think there was too much work done to be plagued with these hiccups.
But like others have said as well it is a good value for what a person received.
Thanks trebor, cpuwiz and pmp for your efforts to release this!!

Hi Guys:

@ Jinks - Re: FailSafe. I'm not following you here. I've tried FailSafe on the Multicart and it seems to work. Are you saying when you move the joystick the tank doesn't move at all? Can you do a video or at least a screen shot so I can understrand what you are talking about? (sorry)

@ Jinks - Re: PMC. I also tested this, and it does work. Off the top of my head (I'm not home at the moment) I forget how the switches should be set, but it only works in 2-player mode, and only when the monsters are in 'chase' mode. You cannot control Blinky when they are blue, or when they are heading to their corners. Originally I had it when you can control Blinky all of the time, but that made it impossible for the Pac-Man player to live very long. Unfair advantage - especially if the person controlling Blinky knew the other monsters' AI well. It became too easy to trap the player.

The single cart versions of MC and SI do not have the issues here. I need to go back and see if I'm manipulating RAM in such a way that it hits a bankswitch hotspot somehow that in a stand-alone cart would not be an issue. (The shields in Space Invaders are held entirely in RAM).

For the people that are taking issue with the cart: CPUWIZ did an awesome job of creating these boards, and although they were tested, none of us are a big company that we can hit every aspect of every game. There have been times where I've made carts and then found an issue... and I HATE when that happens. Bottom line, we all try to get everything right. Six games for the price of two is still a great deal.

You guys are all wonderful and I honestly hope this doesn't cause any issues for the future.

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 7

My problem is I suck so bad at pacman that it is only a short while to test out the controlling a ghost with the other controller I usually die trying to figure it out. My 12 year old daughter is not that good at it as shes not from that generation where they have games like pac man so it is hard for her to play long enough to see whats happening.

Will try again.

Yes failsafe works fine for probably 20 minutes. I get to a point where my tanks just blow up one after the other after they are respawned. Without even moving. I cant remember what level it was on. I am playing on my plasma and the ground looks very dark near that point. I cant see textures in it so I thought maybe I am in a minefield. The timer wasnt out of time.

I will have to try it again as it was fun!

Thanks for making this cart and coding these games. The problems it has were not intentional and I know you guys are doing your very best and shit can happen.

I hope to see future games coming out! There is no harm done as a buyer and I hope you guys can be proud of your work.

Sometimes people need to put things in prespective.

A bunch of other stuff I wanted to say but I just burnt supper typing this on my phone...

I'm not really that fond of the two tank games, but the other six games are highly enjoyable, sans the MC and SI issues. Pacman Collection is definitely the star of this multicart, but I also greatly enjoyed Crazy Brix, Meteor shower, and Space Invaders w/o the shields.

@PacmanPlus: why not let the player control Blinky the entire time? I thought it was the result of some programing bug that you only enabled Player 2 control in chase mode. It would be a fun way to toy with my friend but he sucks royally at Pacman games.

• Like 1

I did try that and it didn't seem to do anything....

Joystick plugged into port 1

Paddles plugged into port 2

Left difficulty switch in the left position = Paddles work

Left difficulty switch in the right position = Joystick works

You can do it 'on the fly'.

Just tried both the stand alone and the multi-cart - Both function exactly the same.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trebor-many thanks...I will try again tomorrow...when I get home!

Crazy Brix with the paddle controls is awesome. Yeah you've got to plug paddles into Player 2 and adjust the difficulty switches as Trebor said. You will enjoy it. It controls butter smooth too. Think Breakout/Arkanoid on steroids! :thumbsup:

Hi, is it still possible to get one of these carts, thanks

eBay? Sorry all sold out... :sad:

Edited by stardust4ever

where to you go to see what games are in development...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/200726-interest-in-a-pinned-7800-homebrew-thread/page-3?do=findComment&comment=3038684

...where you can make suggestions of what games you would like to see on the 7800? Or should I just start me own thread?

Not forgetting to keep this in mind, nonetheless, there were recent posts to various threads here, there, and another one, along those lines.