IGNORED

AtariAge improvements

Asmusr

It takes time for DNS changes to propagate. You could see it in five minutes, but it could take several hours (or more) depending on who's providing your DNS lookups and how aggressive they are with caching.

..Al

Yup. I run my own DNS servers so booya! I got it!

Oh, and "aggressive ... caching" is a great way to say "network admins who don't know how to run their own networks or don't give a piss how what they do affects others." Nicely put :)

Edited by OLD CS1

• 5 months later...

Please add the following extensions to the list of files that can be uploaded:

a99, asm, obj, cob, lst, bin, mag, vgm, hfe.

Thanks,

Rasmus

Yes, .HFE for the Lotharek´s HxC-Emu-Drive would be so fine,

as it is supported by most machines with a 34pin-floppy-connector (not only computers) :)

SDCard_HxC_Floppy_Emulator_HFE_file_format.pdf

Edited by schmitzi
  • Like 1

Hi,

one really "hard" issue (for me) is that I cannot change the "message subject" in existing messages.

It´s hard to differ the messages/tasks when clicking on the envelope, for the inbox.

If I am the last who wrote, I cannot see who is the opposite person/receiver(s), so I have to search and search.

(Yes, I should have choosen a better "subjects", but unfortunately first time I named all my first one like "TI99" or so :)

And today, if I start new correspodences I often forgot to give "right" message-subjects

(also, the receiver could wonder why I write i.e. his name in the message-subject, what for me is better to differentiate later.

So a later change of that would be good, also for this reason too.

Yes, my way in writing to ONE person, like eMail, not to multiple persons, like topics/private discussions.

Just making new correspondeces is not good for me and my work, as I normally only make ONE message-task per receiver

(not per topic, that would confuse me and makes the list to long after a time.)

And I want to keep my existing messages because of the contents and the order, and do not want to make new threads to same people now.

Maybe you have an idea to that.

Thanks

Ralf

• Like 1

Hi, me again :)

another issue is that it is sometimes hard to differ wether there are new messages in the inbox....

(if you once have clicked away the number# on the inbox-symbol it vanishes)

Yes, the font of unread in the list gets a bit bold, but not so good to differ unread from read messages.

Have to take an exact look sometimes, testet that on different screens.

Maybe more bold or better, another color (red?) for unread messages could be good ?

No, I don´t need glasses, I am on 110% :pirate:

Thanks for all efforts,

Ralf

• Like 1

Maybe Its Up To Me, But I Need About 10 Or 12 Clicks Just To Save A Picture To My Harddisk,

From A Post, Scrolling The Pic To The Save-Button On Lower Right Included

To be fair, there's only one extra click involved, to click on the "Save" button, which then opens the image in another tab. As opposed to if the forum just opened the image in a new tab by default. Now, if it's a particularly large image, yes, you may have to scroll around to find the Save button first. It's not ideal, I'll grant you that. I'm not sure how the upcoming version 4.0 of the forum software handles this, but I can try that out.

Thus, it's only two clicks, one to click the thumbnail, which opens the full-size image. Then another to click the "Save" button. After that, you just use whatever mechanism the browser supports to save the image (in Chrome, on a Mac, I just hid Cmd-S to save it).

..Al

Hi,

one really "hard" issue (for me) is that I cannot change the "message subject" in existing messages.

It´s hard to differ the messages/tasks when clicking on the envelope, for the inbox.

If I am the last who wrote, I cannot see who is the opposite person/receiver(s), so I have to search and search.

(Yes, I should have choosen a better "subjects", but unfortunately first time I named all my first one like "TI99" or so :)

And today, if I start new correspodences I often forgot to give "right" message-subjects

(also, the receiver could wonder why I write i.e. his name in the message-subject, what for me is better to differentiate later.

So a later change of that would be good, also for this reason too.

Yes, my way in writing to ONE person, like eMail, not to multiple persons, like topics/private discussions.

Just making new correspondeces is not good for me and my work, as I normally only make ONE message-task per receiver

(not per topic, that would confuse me and makes the list to long after a time.)

And I want to keep my existing messages because of the contents and the order, and do not want to make new threads to same people now.

Maybe you have an idea to that.

Thanks

Ralf

It would be useful if you could rename the subject, as long as this does not cause the subject to change for everyone else in the conversation (I'm not sure if the forum stores a single copy of the conversation or multiple copies). However, you're using the Messenger in an interesting way that wasn't really intended. While I try to create messenger conversations on a per-topic basis, that doesn't always work, and I also have some long-running messages that span many pages. And, yes, I do sometimes have to search for specific messages. And the Messenger search functionality is terrible.

Overall, Invision could really stand to improve the Messenger. I haven't played with it in 4.0 to see if they've made any improvements, but I will be installing a test 4.0 board soon so I can start looking at it with the full AtariAge database.

..Al

• Like 1

Thanks. My Issue Is That I Have To Click The Thumb, Then It Opens,

The I have To Scroll To The Right, The Scroll Down, Then Click "Save",

Then A New Tab Opens, Then RightClick The Pic, Say Save, Click OK,

Then Have To Close The Tab, And When Landing Back on The Post

I Have To Scroll Up Or Down To Refind The Post With The Thumbs

Because It Was Moved AnyWhere Up Or Down. (IE & Mozilla)

On Other Websites I RightClick A Pic, Say Save, Click OK, And Ready

• Like 1

Maybe Its Up To Me, But I Need About 10 Or 12 Clicks Just To Save A Picture To My Harddisk,

From A Post, Scrolling The Pic To The Save-Button On Lower Right Included

yes, same same :-o

/EDIT/ Where from do you know that I am a "chopper commander" ? :)

Edited by schmitzi
  • Like 1