IGNORED

HSC5 - Game #7 - Beauty and the Beast *Special Scoring*

Time for Buford to save the lady, so get climbing up those buildings....

NOTE on Scoring, to avoid a leeching issue, scoring will count on # of buildings completed. Example, completing 3 buildings and 2 pieces of the next building will be scored as 3.2, and if a player falls off the side, the score is what is shown at game over, meaning if at the top of the building on the last life and falling to your death will result in a score of x.0

Scoring will be accepted until Sunday, June 22nd, 2014 @ noon central.

Scores for game Beauty and the Beast - Accurate as of post #17 (10:46 AM 6/15)

1. scalpel 5.1
  2. S.BAZ 4.9
  3. Intellfan 4.4
  4. DZ_Jay 2.5
  5. Roadrunner 2.0
  6. Jblenkle 0.4

HSC5 Leaderboard

Update soon

Edited by cparsley

I played a couple of times, but didn't make it very far. Ultimately, my score seems to be 1.5. Not bad for someone who hasn't played this game in years!

First game: 0.6

post-27318-0-51648000-1402833771_thumb.jpg

Much better: 0.7

post-27318-0-63647400-1402833779_thumb.jpg

I feel over twice on this one: 0.0

post-27318-0-39485400-1402833786_thumb.jpg

I completed one building! 1.5 :)

post-27318-0-52711800-1402833802_thumb.jpg

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

I played a few more times and was able to best my score. :)

My new score: 2.5

post-27318-0-07087600-1402836663_thumb.jpg

The controls are just a little sluggish on this game, but not as bad as other classic ones.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

I tried playing a few more times, but I couldn't improve my score. However, I noticed that, along with the USA version, I have an "International" version of the game, that includes a manual with translations in five different languages. I thought it was funny how they name the characters in each language:

Horrible Hank:

• French: Mathias la Casse
  • German: Schrenchliche Schorsch
  • Italian: Mario Orribile
  • Spanish: Ernesto el Deshonesto

Tiny Mable:

• French: frêle Adèle
  • German: Kleinen Marie
  • Italian: Piccola Mary
  • La linda Lupita

Bashful Buford:

• French: Colin Cœur-Câlin
  • German: Schüchternen Hubert
  • Italian: Giovanni Timido
  • Spanish: Sinforoso el Ruboroso

The introduction in Spanish is particularly humourous to me, since it is my first language. It reads like a children's story. I had never seen the game in Spanish before. :)

Ernesto el Deshonesto se ha escapado con la linda Lupita -- la novia de Sinforoso el Ruboroso. Todos viven en Villaconejos del Norte.

Ernesto el Deshonesto es un tiparraco mezquino. Devora ladrillos untados de mantequilla para desayunar. Es un gigantón. Utiliza rocas para jugar a los bolos. Las lleva en su bolsillo, como si fueran monedas. Cada vez que juega a los bolos, gana la partida; lo que no es de extrañar.

Al parecer, Lupita le disuadió terminantemente de sus intentos amorosos. Todo el mundo fue testigo de ello. Fue entones cuando Ernesto el Deshonesto la raptó y se escapó con ella.

Sinforoso el Ruboroso es flacucho, pero su valentía no tiene rival. Los ha acorralado en lo alto del viejo rascacielos "Liebre." Sinforoso el Ruboroso salta sobre las rocas que Ernesto el Deshonesto le está lanzando. Esquiva a los pájaros y murciélagos y salta sobre las ratas -- todo ello para rescatar a su querida Lupita.

I love how "Bing" translates that :)

Translated...

Ernesto the dishonest has escaped with linda Lupita - Sinforoso the Ruborosobride. All live in Villaconejos de North.

Ernesto the dishonest is a petty tiparraco. It devours bricks spread butter forbreakfast. He is an architect. Use rocks to play bowling. It carries them in hispocket, as if they were coins. Every time you play bowling, wins the game; It isnot surprising.

Apparently, Lupita dissuaded him strictly their loving attempts. The worldwitnessed it. It was then when Ernesto the dishonest kidnapped her and ran away with it.

The Ruboroso Sinforoso is skinny, but his courage has no rival. It has corneredthem on top of the old skyscraper "Hare." Sinforoso the Ruboroso jump over therocks that Ernesto the dishonest is throwing. Dodge birds and bats and jumps onrats - all to rescue his beloved Lupita.

I love how "Bing" translates that :)

Translated...

Ernesto the dishonest has escaped with linda Lupita - Sinforoso the Ruborosobride. All live in Villaconejos de North.

Ernesto the dishonest is a petty tiparraco. It devours bricks spread butter forbreakfast. He is an architect. Use rocks to play bowling. It carries them in hispocket, as if they were coins. Every time you play bowling, wins the game; It isnot surprising.

Apparently, Lupita dissuaded him strictly their loving attempts. The worldwitnessed it. It was then when Ernesto the dishonest kidnapped her and ran away with it.

The Ruboroso Sinforoso is skinny, but his courage has no rival. It has corneredthem on top of the old skyscraper "Hare." Sinforoso the Ruboroso jump over therocks that Ernesto the dishonest is throwing. Dodge birds and bats and jumps onrats - all to rescue his beloved Lupita.

Wow! That is funny! It's kind of weird that it translated "Es un gigantón" to "He is an architect." It actually means "He is a big giant" (in the English version, it's rendered as "Regular mountain of a man," which fits better). :lol:

Everything else looks sort of on par, except for the funky grammar.

That's why I posted it, thought it was quite funny, wonder what google translate would butcher it, as that was Bing's doing.

Never mind, just ran it thru google's..

Dishonest Ernesto has escaped with cute Lupita - Sinforoso the bride blushing. They all live in North Villaconejos.
Ernesto is a petty Dishonest tiparraco. Devora bricks buttered for breakfast. It is a giant. Use rocks to bowling. The carry in your pocket, like coins. Each time you play bowling, wins the game; which is not surprising.
Apparently Lupita dissuaded him from his amorous attempts strictly. Everyone saw it. Ernesto was intone when Dishonest captured her and ran away with it.
Sinforoso the blushing is skinny, but her courage has no rival. Has cornered atop the old skyscraper "Hare." Sinforoso the blushing jumping over rocks Ernesto Dishonest is throwing him. Avoid the birds and bats and rats jumping over - all to rescue his beloved Lupita.