IGNORED

Season 3/ Week 16 ~ The NEW HSC ~ Atari World Cup Soccer

Vocelli

Not a HSC worthy score, but I had a defensive showdown in Pele last night and beat the computer 2-1, the computer scored its only goal in the last 4 seconds of the game. I had a tight shut out going! Stupid computer.

Slight improvement on RS Soccer.

20-3

:spidey:

post-409-0-01258100-1403028208_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What's up with Lid, by the way? In the stadium every night and day?

Unfortunately, Lid had a falling out with some moderators on another thread (not any HSC thread). He happened to have my email address from a past correspondence, and emailed me a brief explanation. The bottom line is that he no longer feels comfortable using the AtariAge website because he feels unwelcome.

It's sad and confusing because Lid has been one of the most exceptional members of our HSC community. It's just not the same without him :(

The good news is that he plans to continue to use the Highscore.com website, so anyone can get in touch with him there.

• Like 4

Unfortunately, Lid had a falling out with some moderators on another thread (not any HSC thread). He no longer feels comfortable using the AtariAge website because he feels unwelcome.

Okay point me out to those moderators... and I'll show 'em. :mad:

Seriously though,... Lid never had any poor motives or attitude, and was one of the nicest guys here. I really don't get it :?

I hate to see him go! He was also a great asset to AtariAge and HSC's :_(

I wouldn't mind losing a few Mods instead,... :twisted: What happened to Tweedle Dee and Dum?

I dunno... they're busy abusing their power, and needed some of their own. :P

(Dramatization by AtariAge 7800 HSC Moderator)

• Like 4

Seriously though,... Lid never had any poor motives or attitude, and was one of the nicest guys here. I really don't get it :?

I hate to see him go! He was also a great asset to AtariAge and HSC's :_(

I don't get it either. Sad news indeed! And very surprising to me, when I consider...

- what a nice and friendly guy Lid is, and

- the general tone of conversation I have been happy to witness in this community since I joined.

• Like 3

I don't get it either. Sad news indeed! And very surprising to me, when I consider...

- what a nice and friendly guy Lid is, and

- the general tone of conversation I have been happy to witness in this community since I joined.

The tone of conversation can get ugly at times in other threads. If you make a misstep, or are simply misunderstood, you can quickly become the target of derision by multiple members of the overall community. Certain moderators may also make threatening remarks, leaving the target in an insecure position.

I think the general tone you refer to, Karo, is the tone specific to the 2600 HSC and to some other HSC threads. In my opinion, the people frequenting these threads tend to be friendlier and more supportive than on the website overall. In fact, I see certain threads, such as this 2600 HSC and the 7800 HSC, as sub-communities within AA that are somewhat detached from the overall site. For these reasons, I have begun to limit my participation on this site to high score clubs, the marketplace, and the store.

• Like 2

This is indeed troubling news. Had some great battles with Lid last season. He pushed me, I pushed him. Nothing like good competition to reinvigorate the soul. For the past couple of years, I wanted to see if I could still play at a somewhat high level. Guys like Lid and the other great people here have helped me do just that. Although I haven't been here long, I still feel somewhat part of a small family. After all, there aren't too many of us left in the world, who appreciate and play the retro games. The hell with those other people Lid! You have family here! I do hope that you reconsider! As one warrior to another I ask that you raise your sword and battle some more, don't quit fighting now!

• Like 7

I think the general tone you refer to, Karo, is the tone specific to the 2600 HSC and to some other HSC threads.

It looks like we hang out in different nooks and crannies of AA. My experience is widely positive, apart from some tiny incidents. Usually, when I have a technical question, I get competent and friendly answers, the people in chat are nice, the HSC is super-nice anyway, and I hardly ever witnessed any discussion getting out of control, even when the thread wandered off into sensitive topics like religion or politics. Of course, I don't get around too much apart from the HSC, so I might just have missed "those" parts so far.

My experience here is so good that I happily answer new members in the Introductions area and praise the friendly atmosphere here.

(edit) What NCG just said. Gorfy, could you do the honours and tell Lid we miss him around here?

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 3

It looks like we hang out in different nooks and crannies of AA. My experience is widely positive, apart from some tiny incidents. Usually, when I have a technical question, I get competent and friendly answers, the people in chat are nice, the HSC is super-nice anyway, and I hardly ever witnessed any discussion getting out of control, even when the thread wandered off into sensitive topics like religion or politics. Of course, I don't get around too much apart from the HSC, so I might just have missed "those" parts so far.

My experience here is so good that I happily answer new members in the Introductions area and praise the friendly atmosphere here.

(edit) What NCG just said. Gorfy, could you do the honours and tell Lid we miss him around here?

I'll send Lid the message. Thanks, Karo, NCG, & Jake!

Edited by Gorfy
  • Like 2

Real sports , 12-7

I had to download a Rom to my phone and use an emulator on it as well don't own the soccer games plus couldn't use my laptop Stella either because the laptop is down I also haven't been in high score club past couple months probebly won't make it to bracets now...

• Like 1

Pele: 9-12

I was beginning to worry about Liduario too! sad to hear, I wonder what areas of the site these moderators are at?? I'm pretty much only familiar with the HSC's & have only been to the store & marketplace a very limited # of times. I've always had a good experience with AA so far.

Lid, you are very welcome here & a valued member! and also the first person to welcome me to the HSC. I hope to see you back.

It is good to hear you guys being so supportive that's really cool. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Pele (Game 52 B/B) 15-15. Real Sports Soccer (1 player vs computer 5:00 B/B) 32-0. For RS Soccer you have to be really good at taking the ball off the computer players foot, much like stealing the puck off the computer players stick in hockey, in order to get mid- thirties. After stealing the ball, pass the ball to either the bottom or top fielders, if they are further ahead, to get quicker scores and save some ticks on the clock. It's all about timing.

post-34612-0-51585900-1403197275_thumb.jpg

post-34612-0-12744500-1403197317_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Yep, that's what I do. take the ball from the opponent, immediately pass low, run down and kick if open, if not pass back to middle and score. Repeat as necessary.

If only Pele worked the same way. That game goes like this: Kick ball, opponent takes it, runs down field, kicks to my goalie who passes it out to my guys, kick 3 times, opponent takes ball back, repeat until opponent scores. sigh