IGNORED

when?

Stun Runner 87

A) When I have labels printed

B) When manuals are printed

C) When a limited number of boxes for each game are printed

D) When I have enough 7800 cart shells, which I certainly do not right now.

I'm working on a large order for A) and B) above, just waiting on a few more assets for other new games to be completed. This is the same situation with the boxes. As for D, well, that's a more difficult problem. I've started talking to some knowledgable people about getting AtariAge 2600/7800 cartridge shells made.

..Al

• Like 17

Yay! No more time wasted on cleaning carts!

Yes, plus they will all be consistent in quality, and I can have "AtariAge" embossed on the back. They will use the same size labels as Atari's shells, and also work with standard Atari-size PCBs. They will not have any holes under the label surfaces (unlike 7800 and later 2600 carts). I probably will keep the screw under the main label.

..Al

• Like 19

No, it will be 'AtariAge' with the logo to the left (at the same height).

..Al

Just thought of something... would the embossed image interfere with cart stacking? That's how I currently have my collection. 5-6 carts high on a CD shelf system. If they are raised quite a bit, might end up indenting or scratching the label. Just have to be a little more careful when pulling out I guess. :ponder:

Just thought of something... would the embossed image interfere with cart stacking? That's how I currently have my collection. 5-6 carts high on a CD shelf system. If they are raised quite a bit, might end up indenting or scratching the label. Just have to be a little more careful when pulling out I guess. :ponder:

No, I can't stand that. The back of the cart surface will not be raised.

..Al

A) When I have labels printedB) When manuals are printedC) When a limited number of boxes for each game are printedD) When I have enough 7800 cart shells, which I certainly do not right now.I'm working on a large order for A) and B) above, just waiting on a few more assets for other new games to be completed. This is the same situation with the boxes. As for D, well, that's a more difficult problem. I've started talking to some knowledgable people about getting AtariAge 2600/7800 cartridge shells made...Al

Thank u for breaking that down for me.

i know yall workin hard on it, and i know you guys have other things goingbon in your personal lives.

Iwas just courious about updates and i am pleased with your detailed response.

THANK YOU

Sorry if i come off as pushy, lol.

:D

But of course, i do understand the hard work behind the scenes that goes on.

Just know that i certainly appreciate all you do and i most certainly will continue to purchase any and everything you put out in the AA store.

Peace be with you.

Yoda taught me patience.

:)

Edited by Stun Runner 87

Great news looking forward to buying them ALL!!! Thanks!!
Very nice to hear about the shells.
Was sad to hear of the shortage with all of CPUWIZ's hardware work and all these new great games coming out!
It just keeps getting better and better to be in on the 7800 scene..

What shortage? :? What do you think all of those games will be released on?

7800 Shells.

Which, I might add, if anyone has any common 7800 games, red label Atari 2600 carts, or later gray label 2600 carts that you'd like to contribute to the homebrew cause, please contact me so we can work out a deal for them.

..Al

• Like 3

BTW, the 48K boards work fine with spring loaded carts. ;)

If by spring loaded you mean the ones that have two springs, those are my favorite carts. :) However, they are quite uncommon.

If by spring loaded you mean the regular 2600 shells, well, I'd like to know how you're making those work unless you remove the spring and dust cover pieces entirely.

..Al

Handy Dandy Definitions

spring loaded: carts that were loaded with chips during the spring.

summer loaded: carts that were loaded with chips during the summer.

fall loaded: carts that were loaded with chips during the fall.

winter loaded: carts that were loaded with chips during the winter.

I bet that crap will end up in an Atari history book some day. :D

• Like 2