IGNORED

Monitors For Sale (Sony PVM & Commodore 1702)

Tempest

I've recently come into a large number of Sony PVM monitors. These PVM monitors do S-Video (real S-video connector) and Composite and have two sets of inputs (you can do two S-video, two composite, or one of each). One thing to note is that the composite input is a BNC style connector, so you'll need an adapter (BNC male to RCA female) . These connectors are .50 or less and can be found easily online.

The quality is equal to or exceeds the 1702 and 1084's I've been using, it has to be seen to be believed!. I've replaced all my old monitors with these new PVMs, so I've decided to sell off my spares. Here's what I have available. All are working and in great physical shape except where noted:

ALL SOLD OUT!

Prices (does not include shipping)

PVM - $30
BMC - $20
I'm located in SE Michigan (48134) for shipping purposes. The non-PVM monitors weigh about 27 pounds when packed up while the PVM's weigh 36 pounds packed up (they're a bit beefier). I'm putting these in some heavy duty moving boxes so they'll hold up better in transit.

Here are some pics of my 2600 doing S-Video and the Intellivision doing composite on the PVMs. As usual, my camera cannot do these monitors justice, they look even better in person.

pvm_1.jpg

pvm_2.jpg

pvm_3.jpg

pvm_4.jpg

pvm_6.jpg

You can see the 1702's in this picture:

NNGR_10.jpg

The BMC and Magnavox in this one (in the center)

gameroom5.jpg

The 1943MD

How much shipping to 12919 ?

I would be interested in a Commodore 1084

I'll get some weights listed tonight. IIRC the PVMs are something like 33 pounds so the 1084 and 1702 should be less than that (24 pounds maybe?)

I can attest to how good the Sony PVMs are since that's one that I use myself.

Looks like a 14N1U.

I can't believe 1702's are still all the rage and no one ever mentions the PVM. Maybe it's because the 1702 is a 'classic computing' monitor?

Free bump just for having that awesome Dragon's Lair poster!

I got that at MGC last year. It's an official one, not a reprint. They sold out pretty quickly.

Looks like a 14N1U.

I can't believe 1702's are still all the rage and no one ever mentions the PVM. Maybe it's because the 1702 is a 'classic computing' monitor?

Technically it's a 14L1 made in Dec 2004. Slightly better resolution at 600 lines vs 500 on 14N1U, but makes no real difference on the clarity of most older game systems. ;)

I've wondered about why the 1702s are in such high demand myself. :? Technically, most of the PVMs have better resolution and are generally cheaper even after shipping.

Technically it's a 14L1 made in Dec 2004. Slightly better resolution at 600 lines vs 500 on 14N1U, but makes no real difference on the clarity of most older game systems. ;)

Yeah I did a side by side with the 14L1 and 14N1U, but I couldn't tell the difference and I doubt that even on a 2600 putting out S-Video 100 lines will make a difference. If anything I thought the 14L1 looked a bit more washed out than the 14N1U, but that could just be that I didn't adjust the colors enough.

We're you able to get any of the PVM's with RGB connectors? Talk about amazing. I currently have 2 20" inch PVM's with RGB/composite and s-video and 2 14" with composite / s-video and they are amazing.

Sadly no. I do have a 20" PVM with RGB, but these are all S-Video/Composite only.