IGNORED

Tron Joystick Controllers for Atari 2600

Troy_Whelan

Do you mind if I ask what you paid for your box? ( You can send me a pm ) I'd like to compare for what I paid for mine. I'm going to mod mine with the cord extracted and have some El Tape inside with a plug for power that follows the joystick cord.

They range from $50 to $100 a box.

They range from $50 to $100 a box.

Just to be sure you are talking about the same thing, Bodyshots is asking about a box of 10 Tron Joystick controllers and not about the individual boxed controllers. For me buying a box of 10 and selling 8 to AtariAge members with free shipping and 1 to an eBay member, that allowed me to keep 1 controller for free and have a couple of dollars to pay for gas to the post office.

Just to be sure you are talking about the same thing, Bodyshots is asking about a box of 10 Tron Joystick controllers and not about the individual boxed controllers. For me buying a box of 10 and selling 8 to AtariAge members with free shipping and 1 to an eBay member, that allowed me to keep 1 controller for free and have a couple of dollars to pay for gas to the post office.

Ya the boxes of 10 is what I ment. They can be had for around $100 and shipping out of South America no problem. Some folks get better deals than $100 but that is a going rate from what completed auctions I've seen. Like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulk-Of-10-Official-Disney-Tron-Joystick-Controller-For-Atari-Vcs-2600-Brand-New-/271497915489?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f36896c61&nma=true&si=8nhj8%252F5BCCEdj9B78xaxTMACzHs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And there are plenty more to be had at that price also.

$100 for a box + $65 shipping is typical from what I have seen. Invest in a box of 10 ($165), sell 9 ($270) with free shipping (-$63) less eBay / PayPal fees (-$27), and you get to keep 1 controller + post office gas money ($15) for the troubles. Not much else to say about it. :-D

I'm still waiting on parts for my joystick mods. If it looks good, and there is interest, maybe I'll buy more and during the winter when I have more time I'll sell 'em. It's more of a showpiece/eye candy, even though they'll work. It's more of a passion then a money maker, so you know the priority level on that one...

David Hasselhoff said, "Thread got pretty quiet after I posted the price tag on a box full of these. :? " I hear crickets.

$100 for a box + $65 shipping is typical from what I have seen. Invest in a box of 10 ($165), sell 9 ($270) with free shipping (-$63) less eBay / PayPal fees (-$27), and you get to keep 1 controller + post office gas money ($15) for the troubles. Not much else to say about it. :-D

Mind you $100 a box is top dollar. Many others deals to be had for these at sometimes half that price.

I figured the thread got quiet right about the same time troy sold all 9 of his extras quickly....not much to say once they are gone.

And the link hasselholf points to above showing where these can be had for $100 is the exact auction troy bought...I don't see these going for less anywhere...very happy with my new unopened one I got for 29 including shipping from troy...Thanks ;)