IGNORED

New website for Atari 2600 Collectors goes online soon

Schitti

I am pleased that you have also noticed that it depends on the tone.

you've written first in the thread and i have just answered.

Read you your own posts through again and tell me if my tone was too rough.

I apologize that my native language is not English.

You criticize our hobby and make the result bad. Professionally it would have been of you,

if you had pointed out that there are problems in a browser and call it by name. (or whatelse) instead of bashing us.

I'm happy for you that you have the day job that i have only as a hobby in my free time.

And you can not tell me that a lot of aa-members use a atari 800 to browse a website for atari 2600 games or a website you've created in your job. Nah. Maybe I'm wrong and I should start a poll.

It was nice of you that you have helped, that life has come back into this thread.

attachicon.gifbrowsers.jpg

FireFox Rox! :D

• Like 1

Constructive criticism is totally valid and welcome, but when people get personal or narky I wonder if they realise just how stupid they look trying to write off some of the longest standing and most revered Atari 2600 collectors amongst us at Atariage.

Atariboxed is no fly-by-night or one-hit-wonder website run by a bunch of newb collectors that have conjured up some money making scheme to pull on us all. We are all doing it for the love of the 2600 and the collecting addiction in our blood. Schitti and Knecht have put well over a year of their spare time into making it happen for absolutely no financial gain.

Three of the six members have been voted into the Atariage Atari 2600 Collectors Hall of Fame, and the others also have unique and amazing collections.

All are active members here at Atariage with years of contributions in the forums of information, knowledge and support to fellow collectors.

Three are listed in Atarimania's credits as important contributors, and I believe all of us have donated scans at one point or another - I mention this because there is no 'us' and 'them' attitude amongst the team with regards to Atarimania. I've noticed a bit of animosity from certain people, so I want to emphasise that we all totally respect AM, and have been forthcoming with scans and information in the past, and will continue to do so. We don't aim or intend to supersede AM or AA (and what a job that would be) but rather to compliment them - for the benefit of anyone who loves the 2600.

[/insert gaming analogy here]

So just like in a game of Tetris, by providing another unique perspective of the Atari 2600, Atariboxed links together with the websites of Atariage and Atarimania, and blows away four rows.

Edited by nofrills100
  • Like 4

I for one, love the site. I have found it to be very useful on several occasions so far. It is exactly what I have been looking for for years. As for it not being a "true" rarity guide, a rarity guide is in a sense a living breathing thing. New items and NOS are still found every year, even after 35 plus years. Any rarity guide is subject to change, and should be, to be considered accurate.

All criticism should be considered and talked about, however, being a smarmy douche about it, is not really what is going to help the atariboxed team or the community in general.

Again, Great Job Guys!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great stuff :) Can't wait to talk to you guys @ EuroCon :thumbsup:

... and also looking forward to grading of the Atari Silver Boxes. :thumbsup:

It also would be nice to know, which new box scans are being added over time and which new games were newly graded as people with larger PAL collections have to wade through all the games anew.

yeah, I am looking forward to the eurocon event. I'm definitely there. This is a good weekend to meet you all.

oh yes, the silver boxes are still unrated. hmm, we will do this before the eurocon begins, so that we have something to talk aboutthen (besides the beer).

at this time we have not planed to list every scan we have uploaded each day. There are still too many on hold that need to be uploaded at the moment. We need more time to make scans.But i am pleased to speak with you about your ideas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE:

We have rated now more than 2000 carts and nearly the same number of cib games.

Furthermore we are looking forward to implement the NTSC section in 2015.

Have fun and explore the wonderful world of atariboxed.com......:)

• Like 1

Are you accepting pictures for games you don't have pictures for yet? Last time i asked i was told to hold off because ye were still uploading photos, but one game i mentioned still has no picture.

Yes, we are happy to get scans from PAL games we don't have. Use contactus@atariboxed.com

Wow who owns my ex-Boing!? That's awesome....

Schitti is the owner!!! Now that is funny!!! :)

:) hehe cool. this was a single buy many years ago. iirc it was from a aa member from the UK. apparently it seems to be the same box, but a different cart. if it were the original cart from you, then we had a scan of the Boing! cart in our database. sadly the label from my my PAL Boing! cart is missing. :(

http://www.AtariBoxed.com/Boing!

Yes yes, i know. there is no difference to the NTSC cart. but are you sure? i have seen too many PAL Boing! without a cartlabel in the last few years. maybe the glue they used was not good enough, haha.

Edited by Schitti