IGNORED

Round 7 of the 2013 Harmony Games:Princess Rescue

Dan Iacovelli

I think it's a little late to tell this but you can use a sega genesis controller to have two buttons; one to run and shoot and the other to jump. That way you don't need to press up to run! :thumbsup:

And, by the way, I was one of the lucky beta testers and Sprybug gently put my name in the manual credits! :-D Thank you very much, Sprybug!

• Like 1

I think it's a little late to tell this but you can use a sega genesis controller to have two buttons; one to run and shoot and the other to jump. That way you don't need to press up to run! :thumbsup:

And, by the way, I was one of the lucky beta testers and Sprybug gently put my name in the manual credits! :-D Thank you very much, Sprybug!

Ditto for credits. I was also beta tester.

PRINCESS RESCUE - DIFFICULTY AA (5 STARTING LIVES) - 187,890 (FINISHED)

PICTURE: attachicon.gifPrincess Rescue (2013) (Sprybug).png

VIDEO:

Picture and video sent to Dan Iacovelli

Awesome to have a full playthrough video of the game in one shot. Pity it didn't have audio... :sad:

As a pro tip, the powerups from standard bricks can only be collected when there is no enemy onscreen so defeate enemies first or wait for them to move offscreen before you bust up the place. This is because your plumber uses the Player0 sprite. Enemies, powerups, and spring boards both share Player1 so the powerup can only appear when enemy is not onscreen. Koopa/Beetle shells use the ball sprite I believe.

I have beaten the game once with many continues but I left the system on pause for a week :o to take care of business. Yes there is a loop 2 with Beetles and faster enemies just like the original. I died quickly when I attempted it... :P