IGNORED

Atari 800 - Best Game Pack : Releases

starwindz

Cosmic Balance will be added in the next update.

Ads (Source: www.atarimania.com)

pub_cosmic_balance.jpg

Atarimania user comments

Dustdevil - 22/07/2010

Cosmic Balance was truly awesome to play, back in the day. To build diffrent type ships, battle ship to ship w/up to 8 ships on the field. Truly a lot of fun. Wish I could find a copy

Bob Jones - 12/11/2008

I loved this game and spent many hours building ships and sending them into combat. Too bad this is lost forever. Does anyone out there have a copy of this awesome game for the Atari 8 bit series?

Rob - 15/09/2006

Cosmic Balance I was a really great "design it and fight with it" game. I can remember trying all kinds of weird designs just to throw at the opposing player or computer. You can soon discover certain designs that will generally always win but the game is still enjoyable.

SSI always had great concepts, wonderful box art and interesting manuals. If you ever get a hold of Colonial Conquest or Knights of the Desert give the Robert Billings stories a read - worth the time!

cgw_01.pdf

cgw_02.pdf

Edited by starwindz

Just incase you read here first Starwindz, I have the Atari User mags in PDF that has my reviews and a great deal more.

its 1.4gig which I can upload in parts to a file place of your choice.

Page 6 is also a good uk magazine to try, US wise there's Analog, Compute and many others..

Honestly speaking, you are one of the most effectively active members. We are enjoying your product. Keep it up :thumbsup:

madi

Starwindz is a fantastic guy and working like a man possessed but lets not forget the other guys here who give a huge amount of their time to the 8bit, people like (in no special order) JAC, Phaeron, Miker, Rybags, Jose, Peteym, TMR and so many others whose names are far too numerous to list.

The front end is fantastic and Starwindz has done tireless work on it, I throw in a lot of testing, the odd idea or two and help re the emulators but its a group effort where every one pitches in idea's and games.

We all want the best 'Best Of' gamebase out there

" lets not forget the other guys here who give a huge amount of their time to the 8bit, people like (in no special order) JAC, Phaeron, Miker, Rybags, Jose, Peteym, TMR and so many others "

You are absolutely correct. There are so many nice people here in Atari-age that devote a huge chunk of their own time just to keep the Atari world alive and no question about that.

Sure Mclaneinc , I can not forget your restless efforts to keep this project healthy and straight, as you make a perfect team with starwindz .

Sorry for my English.

madi

Edited by Madi

You English is better than most of the people who live on my estate, and I do mean the English people by that..

As for what I do, any one with the same amount of time that I have could do a better job, I just like to help as I have done in other gamebases and would like to think I can recognise a good game when I see one.

Its a group thing where we all help Starwindz...Perfect...

Just incase you read here first Starwindz, I have the Atari User mags in PDF that has my reviews and a great deal more.

its 1.4gig which I can upload in parts to a file place of your choice.

Page 6 is also a good uk magazine to try, US wise there's Analog, Compute and many others..

Could you please upload all pdf files including Atari User and other magazines?

Google drive or mediafire would be okay. :)

Hi there, part two and three seem wrong on my system too BUT they unrar fine if you start from part one, have a go and let me know, if there's still an issue I'll start from scratch..

Thanks for the reply..

Edit:

I'm using the latest Winrar in 'store' mode ie there's no compression (the compression on PDF's would be minimal.)

And just to save worries, all my stuff gets scanned by Avira on a regular basis as well as a live scan so its nothing to do with nasties on the system :)

If I double click on part 2 or 3 I get an error re a missing volume but unpacked perfectly from part one..

Could be a Winrar bug..

Edited by Mclaneinc

@Mclaneinc

Part 1 after being UnRared gives me AtariUser01-May85 to AtariUser43-Nov88 perfectly

Part 2 informs me of errors (I am using a MAC) and then continues and partially extracts.

Part 3 the same

I have downloaded part 2 twice , same both times

Ray

@Mclaneinc

Part 1 after being UnRared gives me AtariUser01-May85 to AtariUser43-Nov88 perfectly

Part 2 informs me of errors (I am using a MAC) and then continues and partially extracts.

Part 3 the same

I have downloaded part 2 twice , same both times

Ray

They all downloaded and extracted fine for me. 43 total files.

I am using a Mac also. Try using JDownloader, it is a useful tool and takes care of the extracting.

http://jdownloader.org

There should be 43 files and from July 85 to November 88...

If you are getting that the you have them, Total size is 1.48 gig..

Just incase make sure you use the latest port / version of winrar..

I'll wait for answers from Starwindz if he got them ok and a couple of others just to make sure before I redo it all..

Paul..