Atari 800 - Best Game Pack : Releases

Atari 800 Best Game Pack Release

803 replies to this topic

#801 Mclaneinc OFFLINE  

Mclaneinc

Quadrunner

• 6,063 posts

Posted Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:46 AM

I myself  always update the Altirra used in the gamepack for when I have a blast...

Can't say I've noticed the stagger ever but make sure the Vertical Sync option in view (edit: in Altirra) is ticked..

I've not had a single issue over the years with updating Altirra in the gamepack as the only options that get changed internally that matter to the gamepack for the updates are the command line switches that we used to make sure the games got the right settings and Phaeron has not changed those..

To be honest the only thing you can expect from using a newer Altirra with the gamepack is an improvement in gaming quality where Phaeron had updated it.

As a person who has tested the games hundreds of times in Altirra and the version that was initially used in the Gamepack I can promise there no issue with updating it in the emul\altirra\ directory to the latest one, its what's in mine and its perfectly good..

Paul..

Edited by Mclaneinc, Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:47 AM.

#802 JCat OFFLINE  

JCat

Space Invader

• 26 posts

Posted Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:37 PM

Thanks for the replies  - yes, vsync is ticked. I'm going to go back in and see if it's just some setting that is different between both - like something I have not checked off or on. 

Edited by JCat, Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:40 PM.

#803 JCat OFFLINE  

JCat

Space Invader

• 26 posts

Posted Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:52 PM

Transfered over the latest Altirra to the emulator folder in Best Game Pack, and now it's running perfectly smooth. 

#804 Mclaneinc OFFLINE  

Mclaneinc

Quadrunner

• 6,063 posts

Posted Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:08 PM

Glad to help...The emulation in Altirra has come a long way since the version we used in the Gamepack...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Atari 800, Best Game Pack, Release

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users