IGNORED

Adventure Creator working disk version?

Philsan

I found that Spinnaker's Adventure Creator is a very nice tool for kids.

Unfortunately I am unable to find a working disk/xex version.

After game start,

if I select EDIT, press RETURN, press FIRE on CREATURES, press FIRE on OFF (it changes to SLOW), press SPACE BAR,

my real Atari freezes (Altirra emulator gives an error).

Rom version doesn't have that problem.

I found that Spinnaker's Adventure Creator is a very nice tool for kids.

Unfortunately I am unable to find a working disk/xex version.

After game start,

if I select EDIT, press RETURN, press FIRE on CREATURES, press FIRE on OFF (it changes to SLOW), press SPACE BAR,

my real Atari freezes (Altirra emulator gives an error).

Rom version doesn't have that problem.

I have this .ATR version. It loads up, but I don't know how to use it. I'll try it on a real Atari. It seems to work in Atari800wiinplus4.

Tried it on real 800, works. Seems to work on 800XL also.

Adventure Creator.zip

Edited by russg
  • Like 1

I have this .ATR version. It loads up, but I don't know how to use it. I'll try it on a real Atari. It seems to work in Atari800wiinplus4.

Tried it on real 800, works. Seems to work on 800XL also.

Thanks but the version you uploaded doesn't work too.

Like all versions I tried before, it seems to work but if you do exactly those steps the computer freezes:

select EDIT

press FIRE

press RETURN

select CREATURES

press FIRE

select OFF

press FIRE (OFF changes to SLOW)

press SPACE BAR

Thanks but the version you uploaded doesn't work too.

Like all versions I tried before, it seems to work but if you do exactly those steps the computer freezes:

select EDIT

press FIRE

press RETURN

select CREATURES

press FIRE

select OFF

press FIRE (OFF changes to SLOW)

press SPACE BAR

Yes, that sequence freezes, those steps. If you hit RESET, it goes back to the intro screen. So, it is working, but crashes when you try to do something with it.

You're trying to use it, which I don't know about. It is cracked and there is a PRO version I think I have. I'll try your sequence with the PRO version.

No..... I couldn't find a PRO version. Maybe you're right, it only came as a cart and hasn't been cracked successfully. The .ATR I have is a cracked version

that loads with the 'K' at the start. Atarimania only has the 'K' version also. So, this may not be a good question, is it disabled such that you can't use it?

Edited by russg

If I am not wrong, Adventure Creator was released on ROM only.

Perhaps cracked ATR/XEX versions don't work.

My sequence is a quick way to find that the program doesn't work.

I played with it a little. Yes, your sequence locks up. You can RESET out of it, then go back to CREATURE and it works properly. Hitting SPACEBAR is supposed to take you to the

opening menu, which it does after your RESET from the hang. It says 'Speak' when it hangs. You may need to give a password, a creature name and other things that I didn't get

far enough to see. What I'm saying is it may be usable to create your adventure, just have to RESET and go back to where you were. Without getting further into learning how

to make an adventure, I don't know why RESET won't work. Maybe RESET makes you lose all your work, but going to CREATURE and editing the creature and then you will

properly go back to the menu with a SPACEBAR, which is what is supposed to happen. I think a FIRE button also takes you back sometimes.

I briefly looked at the documentation on ATARIMANIA.COM, just enough to learn that SPACEBAR is supposed to take you back up the menu.

It may be a fatal fault, or it seems to me to be recoverable. I don't know which. The .EXE and the .ATR seems to work the same.

The SPACEBAR is detected with a VBI or DLI routine, I think.

Edited by russg

Thank you very much to all!

The versions attached by FULS don't freeze the computer but only one of them (k-file) can be inserted in a DOS disk and save into it.

So, I attach .xex and .atr working versions.

In the next days I will test .atr version with my daughter!

Adventure Creator (1984) (Spinnaker Software).atr

Adventure Creator (1984) (Spinnaker Software).xex

• Like 2

• 5 years later...