IGNORED

Atari2600.com Issues

mipaol

He is

the-video-game-gallery

On ebay.

Like I said his service thru ebay is excellent. ...just wish they would make the connection that they have abandoned the website and move to ebay public knowledge.

He is only hurting himself by doing this to his old customers who used to really enjoy the website :(

• 1 month later...

Same issue. Who comes up with price for his First Star Software games sold on his site. Tried buying what apparently was his last copy of 5200 flip and flop on his site for $56 shipped. Turns out he had it on eBay for $138 and looks like he finally sold it this last week. My order was put in a month ago. I guess if you can't manage to sell all 105 of them in 11 years the price really jumps up. Seems a bit unethical selling what is essentially a licensed retail game he had the rights to sell and not selling them all for the retail price. But maybe I'm just bent about it. Thoughts?

Abandoning the website is acceptable. Still taking money from it without following through or communicating is not.

I wouldn't purchase anything from him, website or Ebay. I made many purchases from his website until I told him his Color Bar Generator didnt lose it's end label and that it never had one. He told told me I didn't know what I was talking about and the glue residue was from the end label falling off.

After telling him multiple times that it never had an end label, he still decided to sell it for a couple hundred bucks. I then decided that I wouldn't buy from him anymore.

That's my main issue with him.

You can't blame him for wanting to move to ebay.

But it would take minutes to add a banner to his Website main page stating the site is currently defunct and point traffic to his ebay store.

I suppose he must have some reason he doesn't do something so simple like that....but I certainly can't imagine what it would be.

Who comes up with price for his First Star Software games sold on his site. Tried buying what apparently was his last copy of 5200 flip and flop on his site for $56 shipped. Turns out he had it on eBay for $138 and looks like he finally sold it this last week. My order was put in a month ago. I guess if you can't manage to sell all 105 of them in 11 years the price really jumps up. Seems a bit unethical selling what is essentially a licensed retail game he had the rights to sell and not selling them all for the retail price. But maybe I'm just bent about it. Thoughts?

I haven't spoken directly to Joe in over a year, but the migration to eBay is the product of collaboration with an additional business partner, Casey Smartt (possibly eBay UID sealed-and-new?, but that's just a guess). I suspect strongly this also influenced the shift toward increased markup. As to why atari2600.com has been by and large abandoned based on the reports in this thread after Joe put money into upgrading its back-end not too long ago is puzzling.

Edited by mumbai