IGNORED

Centron 3D Official web page completed. Info + Pics

rpc_games

Well,

if you do not want to release Centron 3D now, there is still the Abbuc Software Contest available for you:

http://www.abbuc.de/atari/software-ressort/81-software/softwarewettbewerbe/1727-software-wettbewerb-2014

or the direct link: http://www.abbuc.de/images/software/contest2014/regeln/SWC2014_EN.pdf

Just send a copy of your program to Abbuc, wait until the end of October and you may win up to 500 Euro. Think you can win more money in the contest than by (not) selling your game here... ;-)

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 3

Anyway, Pete asked me to upload this photo to you. Do what you like, think what you like but I

can tell you now, ITS REAL ! and it's not about money, it's about support for a Developer.

Can you just explain logic behind not releasing any video till this day ?

People support developers much, much more when they see what they are producing...

ps. Screenshots are nice, but they are enough to represent gameplay only in case of text and point&click adventures...

• Like 2

Anyway, Pete asked me to upload this photo to you. Do what you like, think what you like but I

can tell you now, ITS REAL ! and it's not about money, it's about support for a Developer.

You just proved there's a Centron label.

When the deadline arrived, Pete stopped posting and the more aggressive Steve started posting.

You must realize how bizarre these actions look as well.

• Like 7

Yes ABBUC its one of the options...

And yes there's lots of games coming before and after the ABBUC Software Contest.

We like A8 and want new games but wasn't you that really started this from the begining.

You want to sell the game and you have the right to do it but to buy people need to know what they is going to buy and spend their money.

Flicker or not you sure will sell some copies... Now you don't sell? You also don't get money. Isn't for the money? Then why you want it to be a sell only game?

In months no one more will remember of this and in 5 or so years someone that is a friend of someone that sometime ago meet one of you or bought your home or office will put the copy on the web and untill there we will still have lots of games to play, sold or free!...

What is the problem in not releasing a video of some seconds of the game playing? And because of YouTube where's the problem of a simple one level file to people judge and decide if they want to buy or not?

If you have the game and you're confident on your work then if it is to selling it then you have to do some marketing. Or you think you could sell a game to A8 guys just because its a new game?

Oh God!...

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 1

Sorry Pete / Steve / fred,

I stand by my comments from my last post, it HAS been a car crash of a launch, if that offends then perhaps you should have done it differently, its the truth.

Everything that leads up to today has been a product of your attitude at apparently producing a game, I and others repeated time after time that you should have done it differently but instead of acknowledging you made a pigs ear out of it you have decided to blame people like me for offering advice and yes at some points slightly barbed comments but before you use that think about it.

I've never ever seen a production of a game done like this, fact, the fact that so many including developers feel there's something odd should only tell you that you have gone about this the wrong way.

I offer you a counter proposal, one I have said in many messages, you release the game and I'll prostrate myself virtually via email and public statement, I don't care about the game quality but am expecting a good game considering the 'expertise'.

If you think that releasing mockups and no video up till the day of release was the right way to go then is it any wonder you got negative reactions..

Paul.

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2

Here's an interesting thought...

If there is a game and tons of 3D code and graphics painstakingly written, then it's been the most openly secretive promotion job I've seen in a while.

If there isn't, then what was going to be the way out if everyone played nice up until today? The dog just ate the disk?

Anyway, I was kinda hoping we'd actually see something until I saw that the final proof was a picture of a diskette. really? You guy(s) made a video once before; I can't believe you wouldn't do it again if there was anything to show. I know if I spent this much time on something I wouldn't let it go to waste.

• Like 2

I've been on here quite a few years and was on the Usenet comp.sys.atari.8bit newsgroup for much longer, when people talked about writing a game they got total support, always. Now look at when a game is announced on Atariage, again it gets solid positive response, people may say say I didn't support Sal and his games but I'd say although we didn't get along show me where I didn't support Peteym and their games, my fallout with Sal is best left in the past but his and Petes games were superb and if you look back you'll see I said that for each one.

So what I'm saying is that every game I've seen announced on here has been praised to the roof and deservedly, we love our games and our devs....

And then came along RPC and suddenly after a while people started to get a bit wary, now up to the point of being dismissive, what a stunning turn around in here, yet apparently its our fault, nothing to do with the RPC way...

Shocking get out.....Pete, reread the Atariage forums to prove me wrong, not once that I remember has a game announced been given a rough ride until now.

I think you should look closely at how you have handled this, release the game and watch the people thank you OR don't release and the people will say they were right to be negative, don't use US as an excuse.

Thank you

Paul..

• Like 1

OH LOOK A YOUTUBE VIDEO OF CENTRON 3D SOFTWARE SPRITE TEST.

The software sprite DMA is turned off. It's like double buffering off on Amiga's and ST's

This is all Pete would allow me to show you so live with it.

http://youtu.be/p_pUnUlNQow

@POPMILO: Yeah, Pete was working on the YouTube video before he got sick.

Poor bastards got a chest infection. Sound like a dog when he talks :) and coughs.

Steve

Edited by rpc_games
  • Like 2

Now I can see why no developers are creating games for your precious little Atari's

because you guys shit in their faces ! Your the ones to blame for all this, not us.

It's comments like 'now I can see why no developers are creating games…' that make that people respond the way they respond. That comment is ridiculous. Every year there are a lot brand-new, and very cool games created for our 'precious little atari' … So obviously they are not scared off by some criticism?

But more important: could you please stop talking like this to anyone general. I'm critical yes, but I really can not appreciate it that you explain my motivated opinion (and a forum is made to express one's opinion right?) as that I shit in someone's face.

I think some people (rpc_games and myself included) take this hobby a little bit TOO serious. Come'on … it's 2014 … Atari is fun, and not important at all.

So rpc_games, and others: please let's focus on the fun side of Atari 8bit, and let's wait patiently for anything that is or isn't coming.

Greetz

Prowizard

• Like 4

Hi Guys, boy you guys have really pissed Pete off haven't you. Suspending the game ! You guys will never learn.

The loudest people are usually the ones who don't deserve to be listened. A few can make a lot of noise, but majority are those quiet ones who just don't want to be involved into pointless discussions. People love to criticize and use strong words in the Internet. My "His Dark Majesty" was also criticized by some again and again for not fulfiling their "standards". The same was with "RastaConverter" tool. Man, just learn to ignore and do your job.

• Like 6

Wow, they had a go at His Darkest Majesty.....

Not my sort of game but it looked ace, me and RPG's don't work but I had a go of it and it was very nice but way over my head :)

Don't think I used Rastaconverter so can't cast judgement on it...

This is hilarious. They are doing maneuver 2b: get 'sick' and blame the audience. Also doing bad cop/good cop. But, really, we should just ignore them. Don't feed the trolls.

I don't know whether they were bored, or wanted to stir up trouble, or were hoping for some donations, but whatever. Nobody actually donated, right? Right?

• Like 2

Also doing bad cop/good cop.

More like a study in multiple personality disorder. I was fascinated to notice that both Pete and Steve occasionally leave white space before an exclamation mark at the end of a sentence. Neither do it all the time, but both do it occasionally. This, along with the signature spelling errors (common to both), intermittently correct usage of the apostrophe, missing apostrophes, and the characteristic use of the return key is sufficient to convince me that Pete's posts and Steve's posts are both written by the same person. Fascinating! :)

• Like 3

Nah - they posted in the Jag forum showing interest in that system. I guess they will just port over the code, and then not release a game on the Jag. It will be SO much easier to blame the asshole Jag users too :)

• Like 2

I'll say this once only, the fact is that RPC under this and its other guises so far to my knowledge have never released a single item they said they were developing, that's 3 or more games and a dev system, that's since 2012 or before..

Centron 3D is the nearest thing with a bit of Youtube code that may or may not be an animation....

That is the most positive representation so far..

That's the facts but they may yet stun us...

His Dark Majesty was blamed????

Yes, on other Atari forum for not working properly on "modern" Ataris (QMEG, storages) and for not having a Polish version, on some indie forums for having slow AI, shitty in-game graphics and wasting time programming for old computers :-)