IGNORED

Let's Vote on the Worst Game

WORST Intellivision Game of All Time  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the WORST Intellivision Game of All Time?

• Space Hawk
    • Maze-a-Tron
    • Congo Bongo
    • Roulette
    • Checkers
    • Turbo
    • Empire Strikes Back
    • Kool Aid Man
    • Vectron
    • Sewer Sam
    • Donkey Kong
    • Donkey Kong Jr
    • Carnival
    • Tropical Trouble
    • Zaxxon
    • Super Pro Decathlon
    • Backgammon
    • Pole Position
    • Sub Hunt
    • Championship Tennis
    • PGA Golf
    • Fathom
    • Tron Solar Sailor
    • Tutankham
    • Supercobra

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I would have to vote coleco donkey kong. That game caused me to look to the colecovision for good arcade ports back in the day.

1st post to bag on Donkey Kong. I think you'll fit in here. BTW, DK is one of the choices so go ahead and vote for it.

Lo! I'll have to look closer at this later, I know for sure there's a number of games on that list that I enjoy playing and there's also a few I don't like at all...which one do I despise...... :?

It is my poll and I even have to think about it. I'm leaning to Carnival.

I love Stampede and Super Cobra! Put them in the top 50 ;-)

Hmmm...Donkey Kong might take this one. I'm tempted to say Sewer Sam, but I haven't really given it a chance. Only tried it a couple times and never read the manual. Turbo, Pole Position, and Koolaid Man are pretty bad too.

Not to set a precedent here, but I just swapped Stampede for Fathom. Stampede is a great game and doesn't belong here. Think of Super Cobra as the best game on the list and we'll leave it in.

Just voted for Space Hawk although Donkey Kong was right up there! I can't understand all the hate towards Turbo, I always thought it was pretty good. I think some people get turned off by the controls, but you just need to rotate it like a steering wheel.

Using the data I compiled to come up with the top 50 also reveals a good list of candidates for the worst Intellivision game. Vote among the following for which game you think is the WORST.

Lots of bad games to choose from, those some of those are pretty good!

Donkey Kong was a horrible port of the arcade game but my brother and I still had fun playing it when we were younger, so I hardly consider it one of the worst Intellivision games. Sewer Sam and Blockade Runner come to mind but I've never really given either of them a chance so I don't feel comfortable voting for either one. Sharp Shot is pretty bad and definitely belongs on this list over games like Sub Hunt and Tropical Trouble. I think if I had to choose one of the games on this list it would be Roulette. I don't think I was able to find a single redeeming quality about that game, but then again I'm not a Roulette fan to begin with.

For me it came down to 3 choices: Roulette, Carnival, and Turbo.

• I decided to cut slack for Roulette since it was an early release game
  • I gave the win to Turbo since I recalled that it is also a lousy game on other platforms as well.

As for Donkey Kong, it was a disappointment but had some playability to it. I remember playing it with my brother when I was young.

I played alot of the Donkey Kong....to show others how bad it really is ;-). I am happy to have DK Arcade to demonstrate what the system could really do when programmed correctly. Gosh that port is pretty bad.

Edited by swlovinist
  • Like 1

I think Donkey Kong has the same reputation that E.T. has on the 2600. They both suck but there are far worse games on each system. But because of their reputations are always called the worst. So it will win this poll because of it's reputation and not because of it really being the worst game. But it still sucks. lol

• Like 3

For those calling for Sharp Shot, it got plenty of (positive) votes from this community in the recent tournament and is in the top 50 Intellivision games at #46. Several of the games listed here finished lower when put in direct competition with it.

Yah there's easily ten games on there that don't belong anywhere near my own personal worst games list, including Decathlon, Super Cobra, Tut, Tropical Trouble, DK Jr and Maze a Tron. So I'm going with Kool Aid Man as my worst as it just sucks (but I do love finding really nice copies for my collection)

Why are Tutankham and Super Cobra on this list? They're actually decent.

Vectron is not bad - just has a bit of a learning curve as you figure out what the badword is going on, and becomes impossible past a certain level...

Kool-Aid Man, Zaxxon and Maze A Tron are bad... Donkey Kong, however, is apocalyptically bad.

- J

• Like 1