IGNORED

Largest Geographic Grouping of TI-99/4A Users + (Poll)

Omega-TI

Hidden & Stealth TI-Users  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a "LONE" TI user in your geographic location.

• YES
    • NO
    • N/A
  2. 2. Do you have other "ACTIVE" TI friends in your geographic area?

• YES
    • NO
    • N/A
  3. 3. If there are others in your area, how many are there?

• 1+ (multiple choice)
    • 5+ (multiple choice)
    • 10+ (multiple choice)
    • A users group (multiple choice)
    • No others in my geographic area that I know of.
  4. 4. If others are in your geographic area how many are >>NOT<< on Atari Age?

• 1+
    • 5+
    • 10+

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I PMed Albert about the pin map, and he said he would create a page for us using leafletjs.com..

IMO the poll would have made more sense if "geographic location" and "geographic area" where defined (and also the difference between the two). Is it 10 miles, 50 miles, 100 miles? Does it mean close enough to go hang out, etc.?

I like the idea of a "pinned map", which might actually help us find people in our area that we did not know about. However, IMO it should not be a "TI" specific map, which will probably be very sparse.

While I agree the poll questions are a bit vague, I disagree about the pin map - I think it should be specifically TI/Geneve users, who cares if it's a little sparse (it's likely to be most sparse here in the desert SW :P). I would like to remake the one that existed for TI/Geneve users on Yahoo! right here on AtariAge.

• Like 1

IMO the poll would have made more sense if "geographic location" and "geographic area" where defined (and also the difference between the two). Is it 10 miles, 50 miles, 100 miles? Does it mean close enough to go hang out, etc.?

I like the idea of a "pinned map", which might actually help us find people in our area that we did not know about. However, IMO it should not be a "TI" specific map, which will probably be very sparse.

Noooooooo!!!!!!!-it must be TI specific, because as we all know-owners of other machines suck and smell bad! ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, you're alive! Good to see you post. And I'd say... yeah, you count! You probably don't even remember me but been trying to coordinate for about 3 years with ya! You were the first name I had when I came up to the Seattle area.

Anyhow, glad you're still kickin.

Cheers!

-Dano

Ok, so it is far time we get together -- I'll PM you and let's get something on the calendar. It'll have to be September, though, my daughter is getting married Aug 2, my grandson is turning 1 August 15, I'm launching my product July 28th (finally!!) and I'll have saved up enough gas money to get down your way by then!!