IGNORED

Atari 8-bit s/w for sale

bob1200xl

The boxed version for the 800 seems to be much less common than the 800XL MWII. I have uncovered two XL versions, so far. You need to buy the 800 version that's on eBay!

:>)

Bob

Actually I think you have that backwards. The XL version is more difficult to find. The XL version is a 9, the 800 is a 7. There are many 800 versions in the past on eBay (loose of course).Monkey Wrench I is harder to find than the 800 version of II.

try this (rarity cart guide):

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210745-cartridge-list-for-the-atari-8-bit-computers-400800xlxe-computers/

Edited by chrislynn5

Bob, do you happen to have more than one of the Monkey Wrench II? I've never owned a cartridge for the right slot of my 800 so I'm considering a bid, but you know how people are, last 10 seconds or you are out! ;)

You got an PM offer for MWII for $150, and then went straight to eBay. And just sold for $120.

You got an offer for another cart for $250, told me, and then asked if I’d pay more. I PM’d you saying $275. You then replied back that you’re putting it on eBay for $300.

You’re getting the Atariage community to price this stuff for you.

You said you’re not a collector, and clearly have some of the nicest boxed items around, but will only sell duplicates.

You provide pictures of some shelved items, and then go straight to eBay with items not even in the pictures.

what the hell.

Yes - I had an offer of $150 for MWII and I did post it on eBay with a starting price of $50. I got $120 for MWII - hopefully from the person who offered $150!

I have no private auctions. People make unsolicited bids on whatever interests them. Some bids overlap.

You made an offer for a cart which already had an offer of $250. I asked you if you were interested at that level and you bid $275. OK - I'll put it on eBay for $300 and if there are no takers, will sell it to you for $275. Otherwise, I will put it up for $250 (assuming that the other guy will pay $250). You were getting a $25 discount, actually.

The Atari community is pricing some of my stuff, yes. I may sell outside of eBay, depending.

I am also a user. I want to have at least one MWII so I can use it on one of my 800s. I want to play Ultima I some day. I want to program a Chalk Board.

I am outside the Dots, here, into your frustration fields, I'm afraid. Sorry... when I got an offer of $350 for one item, It struck me that I'm not in Kansas anymore.

I am open to suggestions. How do I give everyone a chance to bid on something? How do I get the best price?

I did sell a couple of 'nit' items on eBay for >$25.

Incredible.

Bob

Bob, that isn't exactly what you did.

PM

ME:

Sent Yesterday, 7:54 PM

I would love to get the XXXXX cart. Would you be interested in selling it to a collector :)

YOU:

Sent Yesterday, 10:06 PM

Best offer is now $250.

Do you want to bid for it?

Bob

ME:

Sent Today, 12:06 PM

How about $275 today, Paypal. Do you have a picture.

YOU:

How about I put XXXXXX on eBay starting at $300 and sell it to you for $275 if nobody takes it? Or, make up your own numbers.

I had a bid of $150 for MWII and I put it on eBay for $50. Went for $120, so you never know.

Bob

That's how you test the water and try to get more, thinking that if you can't I already have someone at $X.

I really thought you were AtariAge auctioning, since so much talk.

You don't have a zero rating on eBay so you know how to sell.

And the best response:

Bob:

"Yes, I'll put it on eBay in a month, or so."

After all that.

I really wanted to add some items to my collection but this has been the most painful thing I've ever dealt with on buying software.

No list, no pictures, random postings on eBay, even more as PM's, not knowing what they have, etc. You know what you're doing, you've done it before.