I have an idea in my head which I currently do not have time to go forward with, but may do in a few months time.
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a new digital magazine for the Atari based on modern day Atari development?
So the kinds of things it would contain are:
- Tutorials in different computer languages
- Information about different development tools
- Work In Progress updates for different projects from different authors and maybe a bit of information about the technical issues that they've came across (and how they overcame them)
- Discussions with different people in the development community
- Possibly reviews of newly developed games, with a bit more of a look at them from a technical viewpoint. i.e. Discuss the algorithms used, graphics mode trickery, ethos of the game etc.
In order to put something like this together, I would need the assistance of many others as I wouldn't be able to do this alone. Would you be interested in helping in something like this? Perhaps you could put together a series of MADS / CC65 tutorials? Maybe a review of a great PC based graphics editor? Maybe we could discuss your new game/utility which is being prepared? How about some more XBIOS tutorials/examples?
Then perhaps after a year or so of magazines, they could be compiled together into a book which could be bought?
Let me know your thoughts and if you can help out as I cannot do something like this alone.