IGNORED

Epic Gaming Haul of 10,000 by Atari2600dotcom

Rev

There was a thread wondering what was up with Atari2600.com not responding to emails. Guess this may have been a reason why. He's got store stock for years.

A cross country trek with a Uhaul full of retro game goodies. Sweet!

There was a thread wondering what was up with Atari2600.com not responding to emails. Guess this may have been a reason why. He's got store stock for years.

A cross country trek with a Uhaul full of retro game goodies. Sweet!

I bought an ass-load of 2600 and 7800 games from Atari2600 dotcom, late Friday night two weeks ago, and it has not arrived yet. No tracking info or shipping updates in my inbox. I shot them an email. No response.

How much longer do I need to wait before I need to start worrying?

• Like 1

I bought an ass-load of 2600 and 7800 games from Atari2600 dotcom, late Friday night two weeks ago, and it has not arrived yet. No tracking info or shipping updates in my inbox. I shot them an email. No response.

How much longer do I need to wait before I need to start worrying?

Not sure....I only bought stuff once, and it was YEARS ago. Whats normal shipping time for them?

They are probably backlogged from the big buy.

yeah, the comments are ripping them a new one! LOL

While I feel a little bit of sympathy for the Florida folk complaining about the games leaving their state, this really isn't a bad thing.

1. The reseller just rescued 10,000 games from smelly storage. The games are being returned back to the wild for other people to enjoy. The YouTube commenters should be grateful, not angry.
  2. If the games are overpriced, they won't sell. If so, the reseller will be forced to lower the prices to sell them.
  3. If any of the YouTube commenters knew the previous owner and were interested in buying 3 specific games for $20, do you really think the old owner would be willing to spend 3 hours digging through 10,000 games to find them to make a mere $20? No way. At best, the original owner was only going to sell in a handful of huge lots. I doubt any of the YouTube commenters have the kind of money to buy a lot that big, even at steep discounts.
  • Like 6

People are not being to friendly in the comment section of that video.

Welcome to the internet…and more specifically, YouTube. There could be a video of a child, rescuing a family of kittens from a burning building, and the majority of the posts would be negative, nasty stuff. Unfortunately, that is what the anonymity of the internet will yield…in this case, it's someone at their computer spewing a bunch of garbage, rather than going out and securing the collection for themselves.

I'd be willing to bet that not one of those folks who are posting negative comments would ever want the job Joe is taking on. They probably want a handful of games…at best. This type of haul is exactly that…a haul. 10,000 games…how many combat carts would you guess are in there? How about Madden games for Genesis? I like to collect, but not that much. That kind of bulk purchase is meant for resellers, and if there are resellers commenting on YouTube who are pissed, then they are just posting their sour grapes…they either made an offer that was too low, or they were asleep at the wheel in the lovely state of Florida. What can I tell ya…better luck next time!

• Like 5

Welcome to the internet…and more specifically, YouTube. There could be a video of a child, rescuing a family of kittens from a burning building, and the majority of the posts would be negative, nasty stuff. Unfortunately, that is what the anonymity of the internet will yield…in this case, it's someone at their computer spewing a bunch of garbage, rather than going out and securing the collection for themselves.

I'd be willing to bet that not one of those folks who are posting negative comments would ever want the job Joe is taking on. They probably want a handful of games…at best. This type of haul is exactly that…a haul. 10,000 games…how many combat carts would you guess are in there? How about Madden games for Genesis? I like to collect, but not that much. That kind of bulk purchase is meant for resellers, and if there are resellers commenting on YouTube who are pissed, then they are just posting their sour grapes…they either made an offer that was too low, or they were asleep at the wheel in the lovely state of Florida. What can I tell ya…better luck next time!

Well said. Those faqs in the comments are just jealous.

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 1

I'd be willing to bet that not one of those folks who are posting negative comments would ever want the job Joe is taking on.

I want that job. lol

That would be my dream job.

Well technically that is my job, but i'm just small time. But so far i have never overpriced anything. But i can't afford to. Got to sell fast and keep stuff moving.

I want that job. lol

That would be my dream job.

Well technically that is my job, but i'm just small time. But so far i have never overpriced anything. But i can't afford to. Got to sell fast and keep stuff moving.

Understood…but that is the difference. This was a haul for a heavy-hitting reseller. One with a tried and true customer base, and a web store that has infrastructure already in place to handle this volume. Joe will need to work day and night to add all of this to his inventory. He will also need to be ready to field all of the incoming orders, process them and pack/ship the sold games to customers. That is a ton of work…a full time job for a full time seller with an established business.

Gamester81 has been getting his fair share of haters recently. So i wouldn't doubt some of those comments are stemming from that. A couple of people did videos calling him a fake youtuber.

Here is one of those videos. But if you read the comments i think he misjudged him. But like BennyBingo said, welcome to the internet. Sometimes no matter what you do, people are never happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRFelyX2kWA

• Like 1

it's someone at their computer spewing a bunch of garbage, rather than going out and securing the collection for themselves.

Good for him. That's the thrill of the hunt too.

Today I got excited over the 50 cartridges I purchased locally from the online want ads for 15 bucks that contained a handful of 8-10 buck carts and a handful of Zellers carts. Then when I was picking out the nicest manuals from that lot for myself, I found a 20 dollar bill in one.

Florida gets so hot and muggy. Aside from the packaging you know those electronics will easily hold up to the heat. In a closed container/trailer where Joe's lot was held for a century, it would of have to had been at least 140 fahrenheit on the hottest days. (60 celcius) Still! What a score. I wish I could stumble upon something like that. He is so win.

A couple of people did videos calling him a fake youtuber.

What's a "fake youtuber" anyway?

Reseller-bashing is a common sport. I don't give a flying fornication about that. That's mankind for you: some assholes, many nice people. Resellers and collectors alike. It's pretty simple really. If you want those games in the resellers' lots for cheap, you got to tap the same sources as they do BEFORE they do. That means being constantly on your toes and rising early. I can't stand collectors going to a flea market at 10 am and then whining about those nasty resellers who checked out that same flea market at 6.30 am.

In our local flea market environment, I am on friendly terms with some fellow collectors and most of the resellers. Of course we snatch stuff from under each other's nose from time to time. But that's part of the game, and if you approach it with a bit of sportsmanship, it's also part of the fun.

What do those people say to their opponent when they lose, say, a tennis match? Do they say "Well played, Sir", or "Cheater asshole"?

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 1

What's a "fake youtuber" anyway?

Ya it doesn't make sense. Just idiots who think you need to act a certain way. But what's a certain way? However you want i guess. People are stupid if they think there is some kind of ethical code to be in the retro community. Oh and i think they are calling him a sell out. What's he selling out? Arena's? I don't know. ;)

• Like 1

If i may i would to share one of the idiotic comments from that video.

first I have nothing against Joe personally he seems like a good guy, my problem is this... resellers drive up the price of retro gaming. People see what games are selling for on ebay and automatically think "oh my game is worth this much because it sold for x dollars. I dont support any resellers ever, I dont buy from gamestop or any of the local reselling gamestores at all only buy from private parties on forums or in person.[/size]

So you only buy from private parties? Wouldn't those private parties be resellers? Am i wrong or no matter who you acquire your games from, are they not resllers? Someone selling you a game that was acquired from someone else? :dunce:

People fail to realize that without resellers, most stuff would be extremely hard to find. If it weren't for resellers, old unwanted games would still be sitting in the attic or going in the trash.

Also, there are two distinct types of resellers: those who go out into the wild, ie flea markets and pawn/thrift shops looking to score a deal, and those who open up their own shop and resell whatever people bring in for cash.

• Like 1

Isnt anyone that sells something considered a re-seller?

Or you are only a re-seller if you sell something at a profit?

SO...only if you sell something at a loss or BELOW "market value" are you NOT a re-seller?

:-o :-o :-o :-o make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1