IGNORED

Atari Corp - Business is War

I'm working on the second edition of Business Is Fun, a book on the Alamogordo burial and dig, another one on Mattel Electronics and feature articles for several magazines. Plus the day job. So yes, been busy. :)

Marty, just curious, any rough ETA on when the 2nd Edition of Business is Fun is planned?

What Stardust said. I'm shooting for the Fall. There's a lot of additional research going on right now actually in relation to the very early days as we discover and vet more and more resources.

I'm fine with being given something as rough as a three month period like Fall. ;) Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Are you going the Kickstarter route again? From the other thread I understand there were some "hiccups" for backers.

Not sure about the KS backers, but those of us who preordered got ours about a month after the book was on sale at Amazon. I've got an extra copy to sell, if anybody's interested...

Will be getting the 2nd edition, though. ;)

Just finished the first book. While there are a lot of typos and some grammer errors, it was a very enjoyable book.

Looking forward to this 2nd book (as well as the revised edition of the 1st book)

Thank you for creating these

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The Atari "Business is War" Cover is Excellent!!

"Business is Fun", on the other hand, is waaay too busy. Keep it simple - you can't include everything and everyone and still convey a message. Follow the expression that good Graphic artists live by: "all display is no display".

I would only include the following pics: Nolan Bushnell, A Warner Symbol with Steve Ross and Ray Kasar, the word "Pong", an Atari VCS with joystick and an Atari 800. Add a pic of 2600 Pac-man, And Star Raiders and an Asteroids Arcade machine. Place these images on top of a large somewhat faded Atari symbol. At one glance this will clearly convey what the book is about.

The Atari "Business is War" Cover is Excellent!!

"Business is Fun", on the other hand, is waaay too busy. Keep it simple - you can't include everything and everyone and still convey a message. Follow the expression that good graphic artists live by: "All display is no display".

I would only include the following pics: Nolan Bushnell, A Warner symbol with Steve Ross and Ray Kasar, the word "Pong", an Atari VCS with joystick and an Atari 800. Add a pic of 2600 Pac-man, and Star Raiders and an Asteroids arcade machine. Place these images on top of a large somewhat faded Atari symbol. At one glance this will clearly convey what the book is about.

Edited by AtariKid81

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not a huge amount of confidence in a release anytime soon when you get this whilst going to the website.

I've not had a problem with getting to their website at: http://ataribook.com/book/businessiswar/ But I see no updates; it seems dead as a door nail.

Then I noticed that at http://ataribook.com/book/(which was for the Business is Fun book) or any other link from /businessiswar I get the same problem.

Edited by AceHart