IGNORED

TIXB an XB menu and loader

jacquesg

I have attached a program to display a number of extended basic programs that appear on various ram or floppy disks. I'm a real fan of Funnelweb but I find that it is limited to displaying only about 15 XB programs under its LOAD option. The DR program of FW will load an XB program but first you have to find where the program resides. Up to now I have run XB programs from either the MENU or BOOT programd but I still had to first find the location of the program I wanted to run.

My other reason for writing this program was to understand how RUN "DSK1.1234567890" worked. I found an example in the program named CATWRITER by Jim Peterson. On the attachment is a short example that uses this RUN command. I now understand how this RUN example works. The line 10000 must be the last line in your program which means that subprograms cannot be used.

The TIXB program attached lists most of the XB programs I use. The program pointed to by the letter A on the screen of the TIXB menu program is on the attached disk. The DATA statements starting at line 1000 list the XB programs that you wish to have appear on your menu. List the drive where the XB program resides, then a dot followed by the XB program name. I have placed TIXB on my FW LOAD program and I can also run it TIXB.dsk by doing a CALL TIXB. I now have a menu listing of all the XB programs that I use. Pressing the letter that appears next to the program name will run that XB program.

Use TIXB if it suits your needs and have fun,

Jacques

Edited by jacquesg
  • Like 1

RXB is slow but does have a LOADER that loads anything just like BOOT but will work with SCS, WDS or HDK or DSK unlike BOOT.

Also RXB LOADER shows up to 48 files per screen and up to 6 screens of 48 files per screen.

You can load and run XB, BASIC, EA3, EA5, C programs and View DV80 Files.

RXB LOADER saves the path to files like "SCS.VOLUME.SUBVOLUME.FILENAME"

RXB is slow but does have a LOADER that loads anything just like BOOT but will work with SCS, WDS or HDK or DSK unlike BOOT.

Incorrect statement. BOOT works with all those devices, and will run a TI Extended Basic compatible program from most of the TI Extended Basic compatible XBs, of which RXB is not a member of that subset.

Edited by Gazoo

Incorrect statement. BOOT works with all those devices, and will run a TI Extended Basic compatible program from most of the TI Extended Basic compatible XBs, of which RXB is not a member of that subset.

It will run RXB too, just have to patch BOOT to work properly as it uses a bug instead of TI standards.

I never considered bugs to be a proper way to do things.

The RXB loader will handle up to the XB program limit size of 48 programs per screen and 700 file names. (Depends on length of path names.)

But your point is taken. I stand corrected and was wrong about BOOT.

Edited by RXB

I have attached a program to display a number of extended basic programs that appear on various ram or floppy disks. I'm a real fan of Funnelweb but I find that it is limited to displaying only about 15 XB programs under its LOAD option. The DR program of FW will load an XB program but first you have to find where the program resides. Up to now I have run XB programs from either the MENU or BOOT programd but I still had to first find the location of the program I wanted to run.

My other reason for writing this program was to understand how RUN "DSK1.1234567890" worked. I found an example in the program named CATWRITER by Jim Peterson. On the attachment is a short example that uses this RUN command. I now understand how this RUN example works. The line 10000 must be the last line in your program which means that subprograms cannot be used.

Use TIXB if it suits your needs and have fun,

Jacques

Hi Jacques,

Nice little program. Your comment about the RUN statement reminded me of something I never attempted but wanted to some day try. If you turn off pre-scan, it should "trick" XB into allowing you to place statements after the subroutines. This conjecture is based on some "naughty" code I have written with nested If/Then/For/next code, which will only work when pre-scan is turned off.

Here is what I am thinking if you wish to give it a try:

100 !Program starts here
500 !program ends
9000  SUB A :: PRINT :: SUBEND
9100 !@P-
10000 RUN "DSK1.ABCDEFGHIJ"
  • Like 1

Hi Jacques,

I played around with the RUN command routine - very handy! Many of my programs are on a hard drive, so to make it compatible with longer paths I modified line 10000 with a path of 40 characters to allow for a longer device/file name. e.g., "10000 RUN "HDS1.1234567890123456789012345678901234567890". Since the routine overwrites the pathname, you could put whatever you desired into this line. :)

I also tried the prescan trick and it appears to function properly, meaning I was able to add subprograms to the loader. I did not extensively test, I only verified that it worked.

This reminds me I need to fix RXB so the pathnames can be 256 bytes long like they were way back in RXB version 1000 as in version 2001 they were limited to 39 and I never fixed that.

Should be able to do a

100 INPUT A$
110 CALL XBPGM(A$)

RUN
? WDS.DISKNAME.VOLUMENAME.SUBVOLNAME.SUBSUBVOL.SUBSUBSUB.SUBSUBSUB2.SUBSUBSUB3.SUBSUBSUB4.SUBSUBSUB5.SUBSUBSUB6.SUBSUBSUB7.SUBSUBSUBSUB8.SUBSUBSUB9.FILENAME
ENTER
Edited by RXB
  • Like 1