IGNORED

Did this guy use Armor All or something like it?

guitarmas

Is it 'bad form' to clean up items prior to sale? Or is it considered deception? I dunno, I've never sold anything on eBay, just bought more stuff than I care to admit.

I wouldn't say that it is bad form..it is just that some folks (me included) would rather not receive a console that is covered with Armor All. That stuff doesn't really absorb into plastic, so it just sits on top like a thin layer of grease. If I had the choice between a dirty console and one that is greased up with Armor All, I would rather buy the dirty one and clean it for myself…but that is just my own preference.

It is too hard to tell from the pictures. You would have to ask.

It has been opened - you can tell by the hole through the sticker on the back.

Here is mine with just the camera phone and flash, not cleaned or wet at all: post-29575-0-36596300-1404509204_thumb.jpg

Edit: To show that mine looks wet / greasy...

It may be legit. I just don't know about spending $90 on it. That seems pretty steep to me.

IDK. I paid $50.49 2 years ago. Used the controllers on other systems (one has a poor sticker).

Actually I haven't hooked it up yet, with Heavy Sixers still in use and an AV modded 6-switch and an AV modded 7800.

wd-40 does soak into the plastic and leaves it a shiny black. He could have used that to clean it. It actually works quite well on black plastic and it's been used for that since the 70s so it's safe to assume any side effects would have surfaced by now.

As for the photo, I think it's camera flash.