IGNORED

Looking for new game ideas feedback

Maybe this should be in the programming area, I don't know. But maybe not, because at the moment all I really want to do it throw out a few game ideas and see how they stick.

I'm thinking of doing a new game. I do plan on reusing the Kroz engine and making something Kroz-like but entirely different than Kroz--I spent a lot of time on that engine and don't want to retire it just yet. However, that's not the game idea I'm thinking about.

After I make that Kroz engine-based game, I have two other game ideas in mind.

One game idea is fairly large. Perhaps as big if not bigger (if I can make it bigger) than Kroz. And it will probably take two-three years to make. The other game idea is smaller and I could probably get it out in six months to a year, depending on my stamina and William's insistence.

It's either an RPG, much like the first final fantasy, or a take on the popular Lunar Lander game.

I see the RPG as something special. Something I would really put my heart into, much like I did with Kroz. For that game, I would have to build an entirely new RPG engine that hopefully could be used for a sequel or two. I see it looking pretty much like the first Final Fantasy installment, with similar types of characters, monsters, weapons, armour, cool maps and all that. Oh! And a cool, involved story-line too.

The Lunar Lander game would not try to emulate the popular arcade game, but rather be a take on it. I'd modify game play so that it took place under water. The ship would have to avoid air bubbles, sharks and other objects.

If anyone is interested in pitching in thoughts, concerns, ideas, etc., I'd be happy to have them.

Edited by KnechtRuprecht

I was just telling a friend of mine COUGH REV COUGH, that what the Intellivision needs is an RPG. A turn based, story driven game. But i'll admit the idea i told my friend COUGH REV COUGH was silly and off the wall. I was pitching the idea of:

The Search for The White Wale (Search for the Holy Grail of your choosing)

or

The Search for Emily (To give her back her lost Intellivision)

But hose ideas may be a bit over the top and silly. ;) :-D

I honestly have not played a Final Fantasy game. The only RPG's i have played are the Mario ones and i love those.

I'd be happy with something either Dragon related, or Egyptian related with Mummy's, Pyramids, Tombs, and Curses.

• Like 1

use Kroz engine, but make puzzle using guns, grenades, trap doors, acid pits, land mine, electric fences, etc. around a G.I. Joe type guy trying to thwart Cobra from Ending the World. Rather than capturing a piece of the crown you would capture the Cobra bad guy (Zartan, Destro, etc) and work you way up to capturing Cobra Commander. Game would need dialog and cut scenes of the cobra enemy being put behind jail bars when you beat him/her. Add cool music - rip the Commodore 64 tune.

Maybe something like the unfinished Ad@d Quest game for the Intellivoice. Its rpg and adventure, plus have the voice help , for approaching monsters or clues. Or maybe be a private eye / decetive game, that you find clues to help a damsel in distress, to solve a case, or find buried treasures, and maps?

Edited by atari5200dude82

Make an Angry Video Game Nerd game.

For those that don't know about AVGN, he's a guy who reviews and mocks bad games (mostly Nintendo, but does other platforms as well). There is a lot of swearing and some poop jokes. He rarely compliments.

Because the Intellivision system has proven to be worthy of his mockage, we should reward him with a game about him. Other people have already made AVGN games on other platforms so we should do the same for him.

Here's what I imagine an AVGN game to be:

• Either be a "navigate between stationary screens" like Old School is or be a side-scroller game like Super Mario Brothers
  • Have 1 screen that is total invisible
  • Power-ups:
    • Green Rolling Rock bottles
  • Enemies:
    • Buffalo (as from the intro song)
    • Road kill skunks (ditto)
    • Shit pickle (yes, that the character's name)
    • Some enemies that make "fart noises" when hit or killed (his words, not mine)
    • Circuit board parts from Bomb Squad (might be better to just be 'inspired' from Bomb Squad to avoid copyright issues)
    • Intellivoice modules
    • Other consoles (Nintendo, Atari, Sega, Virtual Boy)
    • Nintendo power gloves
  • Bosses:
    • Glitch gremlin
    • LJN logo
    • Sega Genesis + Sega CD + Sega 32X (music should be life-support sounds)
    • A giant phone (to reverse mock how he calls the controller a phone)

Intellivision review video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yn52NTdV0c

Review of games based off the the Angry Video Game Nerd himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEz0IoffV9g

Typical review video, here he is going over video game glitches (the end is really worth it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdWRTleizFU

• Like 3

There is an ancient prophecy. It reads that one day, a great programming bard will rise from the masses. He will weave a tale of an evil sorcerer to conquer, a black knight to kill and a princess to rescue. A kingdom in peril and riches beyond the imagination of normal man.

Go forth, programming bard, sing us a tale of legend and lore. Thy destiny awaits, thee.

If those words don't move you, go ahead and write a lunar lander game. But if those words ignite a spark, then you NEED to write an RPG game.

Fulfill the prophecy!

• Like 2

Well, Groovy Bee's Mars Mini game "Descent" sounds like a Lunar Lander type game (except that the planet's surface is red, don't ya know...)

And the newly announced Collectorvision "4XV" game is a "Thrust" (Gravitar?) type game involving a rotating rocket and gravity and limited fuel.

So, some games are being worked on in this area.

On the other hand, I haven't heard of anyone working on an RPG game...

Just checked out a few minutes of gameplay for Bard's Tale on the C64 and that looks way too confusing. Too many options, classes, items, etc. I was lost just a couple minutes in. I guess i'm too simple minded. lol

I'd prefer an RPG that was a little bit simpler so that myself and others can get it into it easier.

Heck yeah, Bomberman! But it needs to somehow support more than 2 players.

Or a quest game like Dungeons of Dreadmor, or Sword of Fargoal.

I say this for years, Bomberman for Inty with 4 player support via the ECS. That would be so cool.

But the Caverns Of Kroz engine would be a good framework for a Zelda like game. And this would be awesome, outstanding, fantastic!!!!!!!!

Escape from Castle Chickenstein....

Sergeant Plucker has been captured by the WereWolf Brigade, and has been tortured for information on where the Allied Chickens have been keeping their eggs.

Our plucky hero must fly the coop and avoid recapture by using all the resources at his disposal. Throw chicken feed, eggs, and meat at the hungry wolves and set traps. This chicken is on the run with a gun! Don't be a chicken! Face the enemy down and fight to the death. Peck a fight!

Ok, that's my premise for a game. :-)

• Like 2

Just checked out a few minutes of gameplay for Bard's Tale on the C64 and that looks way too confusing. Too many options, classes, items, etc. I was lost just a couple minutes in. I guess i'm too simple minded. lol

I'd prefer an RPG that was a little bit simpler so that myself and others can get it into it easier.

Yeah, nothing like Bard's Tale. The final Fantasy series, at least the first several, were pretty basic in design. It was the story that put it over the top. And that might be something that the intellivision currently lacks -- a good RPG with a storyline. Just my opinion.

• Like 1