IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 7 Round 11 LR&SS IV

zylon

Welcome to our annual special round: Left,Right, & Shoot Stuff IV. Our games are: Galactic Chase, Galaxian, and Space Invaders(5200 version) All 3 will be played on default starting levels/settings and bonus games will be posted by the end of week 1. A8 versions are allowed with the exception of Space Invaders. For that one you must at least use the conversion of the 5200 game.

Use any controls you can find and emulation is allowed. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC records and wins.

Round ends on Sunday, July 27th 2014 @9pm EST

The scoring:
Because of the huge difference in scoring on these games, each game will be scored separately, but round points will be earned per each position. Top spot earns 10 round points, 2nd spot earns 9 round points, etc. Lowest round points will be 3. 3 round points will also be given for missing one game. Player must post which game they will miss so I can award the "token points"
Don't forget the bonus game(s). Top 3 scores get 3-2-1 round point bonus. These have a funny way of deciding things late in the round.
Combined round points will decide your finishing places for the round. Ties will be settled by combined score. HSC record bonus will still be in effect, plus any surprise I can devise.
Current HSC records: Bust'em for bonus point(s)- these count for the season, not the round
Galaxian -(Game 0) peedenmark7 38,890
Space Invaders -(Game 1) zylon 41,363
Galactic Chase- None yet
Deluxe Invaders- None yet
Bonus game 1: Deluxe Invaders-played on defaults:
24,150 Kida0723 - 3
11,430 darthkur - 2
10,230 sdamon - 1
9,010 roadrunner
6,110 zylon
1,188 atariron82
Galactic Chase:
15,670 Kida0723 - 10
13,530 sdamon - 9
11,940 darthkur - 8
10,610 atariron82 - 7
10,080 zylon - 6
7,570 roadrunner - 5
Galaxian:
37,720 peedenmark7 - 10
24,490 Kida0723 - 9
14,910 roadrunner - 8
12,810 sdamon - 7
11,960 zylon - 6
10,730 atariron82 - 5
8,410 darthkur - 4
4,980 jblenkle - 3
Space Invaders:
26,719 Kida0723 - 10
18,745 sdamon - 9
12,078 roadrunner - 8
11,846 zylon - 7
6,711 darthkur - 6
2,741 atariron82 - 5
Final round points- Player- HSC points
32 Kida0723 +11
26 sdamon +10
21 roadrunner +9
20 darthkur +8
19 zylon +7
17 atariron82 +6
13 peedenmark7 +5
6 jblenkle +4

Galactic_Chase5200.bin

Galaxian.BIN

Space Invaders.BIN

Deluxe Invaders-5200.bin

Edited by zylon

The scoring:
Because of the huge difference in scoring on these games, each game will be scored separately, but round points will be earned per each position. Top spot earns 10 round points, 2nd spot earns 9 round points, etc. Lowest round points will be 3. 3 round points will also be given for missing one game. Player must post which game they will miss so I can award the "token points"

Can you explain the bold quote for a newbie?

Thanks!

Can you explain the bold quote for a newbie?

Thanks!

Put simply, say you have Space Invaders and Galaxian, but have no way to play Galactic Chase. You could post that you will miss that game and be awarded the 3 round points as if you'd placed last in that game. Consider it "participation points" or the same as posting a zero. You can do this for only one of the 3 games and not for the bonus selection(s).

It's a method of inclusion rather than exclusion. :)

This hasn't been invoked yet in 3 runnings so far...

Put simply, say you have Space Invaders and Galaxian, but have no way to play Galactic Chase. You could post that you will miss that game and be awarded the 3 round points as if you'd placed last in that game. Consider it "participation points" or the same as posting a zero. You can do this for only one of the 3 games and not for the bonus selection(s).

It's a method of inclusion rather than exclusion. :)

This hasn't been invoked yet in 3 runnings so far...

Ah gotcha, I was thinking too hard. So if you only have two out of three games there ya go. Thanks!

4 games, this is starting to turn into the 8 bit HSC ;)

Where's trbb??

We do this every year, but only once. if every round was like that, I'd retire. ;)

Is anyone else going to play any of these? :ponder:

Yes. :evil: Just got new TV as my usual one died Monday and been working 60+ hour weeks, so time's a bit tight. Plenty of time to Mod, but not a lot for play lately. :(

Edited by zylon
  • Like 1

I tackled our bonus game first, and find it quite challenging: Deluxe- 6,110

I'll get on the others as I have time, now that I have a working TV. While I have the original A8 cart, I'm using the recent 5200 conversion for this round. It is harder (to me) than on the XL. If anyone else has both versions of our newest game in the HSC- Deluxe Invaders, I'd be interested in your findings as well.

I'm awaiting an AV video switch so I can hook up my later stuff to the new TV, but have 5200 running just fine for now. :) That's my most-played system anyways and have my old Dell for my DOS gaming needs for the time being.

post-25215-0-27221900-1405165646_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

Yes. :evil: Just got new TV as my usual one died Monday and been working 60+ hour weeks, so time's a bit tight. Plenty of time to Mod, but not a lot for play lately. :(

What did ya get? Just picked up one of those sony trinitron tv's. 20". Im loving it! Only paid $10 for it!

Edited by Kida0723

What did ya get? Just picked up one of those sony trinitron tv's. 20". Im loving it! Only paid $10 for it!

Nothing special, just a VIZIO 23" LCD flatscreen for about $160. My 5200 and 600xl look good on it so far.

My last one died just after PP ended.

Edited by zylon
  • Like 1

10,080 Galactic Chase

This one gets going a bit late and has a couple intermittent bugs. It's good for these types of rounds, but couldn't really stand on its own in this ROM. In my case, the score rolled over at 10,000. You can see by the number of missing aliens, and getting to wave 7, that I got more than 80 pts.

post-25215-0-53600200-1405291374_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

End of week 2 table-

Current round points:

29 sdamon

27 roadrunner

26 darthkur

24 zylon

6 jblenkle

Almost not worth doing a table for 5 players :( ... Hopefully more scores waiting in ambush. :ponder: