IGNORED

Star Ship

walter_J64bit

Well, I look at Atari like art or music, I wanna see what magic people can create when inspired yet constrained by the limits of the system. I mean you can just use Garage Band and Autotune and make songs. So we don't NEED any "musicians" at this point in music history either.

Now explain how this post is relevant to the post I was responding to. You know, the one where you expressed an interest in dictating what these artists decide to do with their time?

• Like 1

I never dictated anything. I merely stated that there were already better versions out there. And suggested maybe someone make a proper Lunar Lander since there's an odd version on the SS cart but not a true port. I don't care if someone wants to make Starship 2014 or whatever.

But it's like covering Beatles songs, maybe your talents could be better suited elsewhere.

Of course we have later iterations of the theme like Star Master & Star Voyager. But I don't see anything wrong with giving an improved port of "Starship 1".. heck, why not? :lol:

'Course the arcade game is relatively simple as well.. so if anything it would be to improve the blocky graphics to something a little better.. i.e. a better starfield (that matches newer games), a better "Enterprise" clone ship, and fixing that horrible asteroid. :lol: Maybe fix the scoring. And hey you can even spruce it up a bit and add some stuff .. after all even the 2600 version of Star Fire isn't exactly super faithful to the arcade version, and that's fine.

Edited by NE146

• 8 months later...

It would be nice to have a hack that cycled through the difficulty levels automatically for you. Played game 2,1 then 3 & 4. That way the game would last a little longer and you'd have some increase in difficulty as you went. An "endless" mode variation wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Going a bit farther - A level 5 would be good, and a variation with 3 lives and the chance to earn extra ships would be nice too.