IGNORED

row of sprites?

BenMcLean

Yes but it doesn't seem to address that question. It shows how to change the size of the copies but not the distance between them. If it's not possible then I can deal with what I've got.

As far as I know, close copies, medium copies, and wide copies are about the distance between them.

Oh I see ... so "three close copies of player" is the closest together they get then. alright.

I just added some little images so it will be clearer for people in the future:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#nusiz

You'll probably need to refresh the page to make them show up.

I just added some little images so it will be clearer for people in the future:

You'll probably need to refresh the page to make them show up.

That is a great idea and should make it clearer, but you should put these images in a third column in the table so that they all line up relative to one another horizontally.

That is a great idea and should make it clearer, but you should put these images in a third column in the table so that they all line up relative to one another horizontally.

See if this is better:

You'll probably need to refresh the page to see the new changes.

• 2 weeks later...

(later edit) Ah, needed to use pfcolors instead of COLUPF. Random Terrain answered the question that I had here

I'm also going to be looking into animations if possible. All three enemy sprites move in unison because they're marching soldiers so they can all be on the same animation frame

Edited by BenMcLean

(later edit) Ah, needed to use pfcolors instead of COLUPF. Random Terrain answered the question that I had here

I'm also going to be looking into animations if possible. All three enemy sprites move in unison because they're marching soldiers so they can all be on the same animation frame

As you've learned, yeah the NUSIZ registers will do everything you want your game to accomplish. I used it in both my homebrews, so I could have things like multiple Goombas in Princess Rescue, or rows of rings in Zippy the Porcupine. Now, let's say if you shoot just one of the redcoats in your game, you probably just want to get rid of just one of them instead of all 3 at the same time, correct? If so, then you have to keep track of which sprite is your "lead" sprite and then adjust the nusiz registers accordingly to match the loss of one, depending on location and/or adjusting the x&y of that player sprite. For example, If you shoot the lead sprite, the one that the other two are copied from, then you'd have to adjust your sprite x & y position to match the first copy's location, then adjust the NUSIZ register to make just one copy with the same distance. It's how I programmed the ring grabs in Zippy. The player could grab any one of those three rings at any time, so I had to program it so it knew which one it was grabbing and then adjust the NUSIZ and/or x & y sprite position accordingly.

• Like 1

As you've learned, yeah the NUSIZ registers will do everything you want your game to accomplish. I used it in both my homebrews, so I could have things like multiple Goombas in Princess Rescue, or rows of rings in Zippy the Porcupine. Now, let's say if you shoot just one of the redcoats in your game, you probably just want to get rid of just one of them instead of all 3 at the same time, correct? If so, then you have to keep track of which sprite is your "lead" sprite and then adjust the nusiz registers accordingly to match the loss of one, depending on location and/or adjusting the x&y of that player sprite. For example, If you shoot the lead sprite, the one that the other two are copied from, then you'd have to adjust your sprite x & y position to match the first copy's location, then adjust the NUSIZ register to make just one copy with the same distance. It's how I programmed the ring grabs in Zippy. The player could grab any one of those three rings at any time, so I had to program it so it knew which one it was grabbing and then adjust the NUSIZ and/or x & y sprite position accordingly.

Good work Sprybug. The multiple Goombas in Princess Rescue were awesome! Looking forward to Zippy as well... ;)

@BenMcLean: Good luck on your redcoats game.

The triple sprites were also used in Halo 2600. I believe there was a screen where you had nine enemies onscreen at once, but the way Ed what's-his-name programmed it, one bullet killed all three enemies.