D1K/D2K ROM sales ending -- closing price $10

29 replies to this topic

#1 Carl Mueller Jr OFFLINE  

Carl Mueller Jr

Moonsweeper

• 466 posts

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:21 AM

Hi everyone,

ROM sales for D1K/D2K will be closing indefinitely at the end of this month (July). I just don't have time to deal with the tiny trickle of orders that come in only every so often.

So this is everyone's last chance to own a legit copy of either game. Since D2K in cartridge form is also no longer available, don't let this opportunity pass you by.

The special closing price is $10 for either game. If you want both, you can click on "donate" and send me $20 indicating that you want both games (if this is easier for you).

Don't forget to include the name you would like (up to 18 characters) to appear on the in-game credit screen.

Even if you already have a copy, you could always gift one with your friend's name.

The money (if any), will go towards completion of Ms. Pac-Man which is at least 90% complete now.

Here's the ordering page:

www.carlmuellerjr.com

Thanks,
Carl

#2 Carl Mueller Jr OFFLINE  

Carl Mueller Jr

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 466 posts

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:28 AM

Since blogger is not allowing me to update my page, just use the "donate" button, send $10, and include the game you want (D1K or D2K) and the name you want for the credits in a note and I'll send you the ROM.

I'll try to get this corrected within the next few days. ;-)

Carl

Edited by Carl Mueller Jr, Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:29 AM.

#3 Trebor OFFLINE  

Trebor

River Patroller

• 4,282 posts

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:42 AM

$20 just sent.  Thanks for the heads-up/reminder - Been meaning to purchase the digital copies of D1K and D2K and kept forgetting about it.

Really appreciate you making this available - thank you.

#4 goldenegg OFFLINE  

goldenegg

River Patroller

• 2,278 posts

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:08 AM

Sent money for D1K as I've previously purchased D2K.

#5 Games For Your Intellivision OFFLINE  

Games For Your Intellivision

River Patroller

• 2,311 posts

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:32 PM

Is there any interest in D2K  and DK Arcade manuals and overlays to go with these Roms?

#6 Carl Mueller Jr OFFLINE  

Carl Mueller Jr

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 466 posts

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:37 PM

The ordering button has been fixed for D2K. Thanks everyone, for your support.

#7 Special Teams ONLINE  

Special Teams

Dragonstomper

• 808 posts

Posted Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:59 AM

Just sent payment for D2K.  Thanks guys.

Dana

#8 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 15,512 posts

Posted Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:03 PM

http://intellivision...nd-in-july-2014

#9 chart45 OFFLINE  

chart45

Dragonstomper

• 755 posts

Posted Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:11 AM

buy both with the donnate button but didnt have news since

#10 VGC1612 OFFLINE  

VGC1612

Chopper Commander

• 198 posts

Posted Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:53 PM

Just sent payment for D2K for ''Renaud''

#11 Intellfan OFFLINE  

Intellfan

Dragonstomper

• 775 posts

Posted Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:34 PM

Thanks. Just sent for 2 copies  Cant wait for MS Pacman

#12 Games For Your Intellivision OFFLINE  

River Patroller

• 2,311 posts

Posted Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:11 PM

Perhaps you should wait for LTO Flash! to make its appearance in September before you cut off sales Carl?

#13 Intellfan OFFLINE  

Intellfan

Dragonstomper

• 775 posts

Posted Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:18 PM

Perhaps you should wait for LTO Flash! to make its appearance in September before you cut off sales Carl?

That is one of the big reasons I got The Rom. Cant wait for LTO Flash

#14 chart45 OFFLINE  

chart45

Dragonstomper

• 755 posts

Posted Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:24 PM

great games i payed all night thanks i will be there for your next game pac man .... now i need the LTO to play on my real intv

#15 Certifiable OFFLINE  

Certifiable

Moonsweeper

• 293 posts
  • up to my a$$ in alligators

Posted Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:48 AM

If you already own the game you still need to purchase this to play on the newly announced flash cart, correct?

#16 intvsteve ONLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 2,789 posts

Posted Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:54 AM

If you already own the game you still need to purchase this to play on the newly announced flash cart, correct?

I think that's the situation.

In the future, I wonder if there will be a sales model including the ROM with a cart purchase. That would seem to be a natural result.

#17 Games For Your Intellivision OFFLINE  

River Patroller

• 2,311 posts

Posted Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:57 AM

I don't know if the CIB version would be the EXACT same price as CIB with Digital Copy.....but I am sure that there could be a discount for buying both at the same time......ie Digital copies cost $20....and a $10 discount applies when buying it with a CIB copy. Lot's of things can be done...

We could also sell manual/overlays plus digital copies cheaper than CIB versions.

#18 Fushek OFFLINE  

Fushek

Stargunner

• 1,528 posts
  • Actively Seeking Spiker!

Posted Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:21 PM

I don't know if the CIB version would be the EXACT same price as CIB with Digital Copy.....but I am sure that there could be a discount for buying both at the same time......ie Digital copies cost $20....and a $10 discount applies when buying it with a CIB copy. Lot's of things can be done...

We could also sell manual/overlays plus digital copies cheaper than CIB versions.

I could see this similar to the sale of a DVD.  You can pay a more for the "Limited Edition" that includes the digital copy.  I think this would be an easy upgrade/sell for the distributors.

I'm fine with that ... in the future, I can see myself playing most of my games from the LTO Flash! and displaying my beautiful boxed copy on the shelf.

Interestingly, this may add to the possibility of more people never opening their games since they can already play it without opening it! 

#19 intvsteve ONLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 2,789 posts

Posted Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:22 PM

It would be great if the ROM also included a PDF of the manual. That seems obvious to me. Maybe watermarked in some way.

#20 Fushek OFFLINE  

Fushek

Stargunner

• 1,528 posts
  • Actively Seeking Spiker!

Posted Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:28 PM

Oh ... and just paid for a copy of D2K to play on my future LTO Flash! cart.  Mr. Mueller, thanks again for offering up the ROM!

#21 Carl Mueller Jr OFFLINE  

Carl Mueller Jr

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 466 posts

Posted Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:25 PM

Reminder: only 1 week left to purchase either D1K or D2K in ROM format for the upcoming LTO flash cart. When July ends, sales are closed for good!

Thank you to everyone who has purchased so far, and I hope you are enjoying the games.

Carl

#22 Games For Your Intellivision OFFLINE  

River Patroller

• 2,311 posts

Posted Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:54 PM

Reminder: only 1 week left to purchase either D1K or D2K in ROM format for the upcoming LTO flash cart. When July ends, sales are closed for good!

Thank you to everyone who has purchased so far, and I hope you are enjoying the games.

Carl

You DO know about LTO Flash! right?

#23 grips03 ONLINE  

grips03

River Patroller

• 3,376 posts

Posted Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:23 PM

Carl

Carl, would it be better to have sales open until Sept/Oct?  Perhaps people who buy LTO Flash then would buy D2K and D1K at that time. 

For me I already bought both carts and roms :) 

These games are extremely good.

#24 Carl Mueller Jr OFFLINE  

Carl Mueller Jr

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 466 posts

Posted Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:40 PM

Carl, would it be better to have sales open until Sept/Oct?  Perhaps people who buy LTO Flash then would buy D2K and D1K at that time. 

For me I already bought both carts and roms :)

These games are extremely good.

thanks for your support!

I'll say this then: they will be closed at the end of this month, but PERHAPS I will accept orders from LTO Flash customers when the device becomes available (for a short period). No guarantees, but maybe.

Translation: better to buy now, if you plan to purchase LTO Flash. :-)

#25 slab0meat OFFLINE  

slab0meat

Stargunner

• 1,457 posts

Posted Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:30 AM

Donation just sent for DK Arcade.  Got the D2K rom awhile ago.  Can't wait for these on the LTO Flash!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users